Home

Is everyone losing connection to SWG or is it something on my end?

zarak da zabrak

I've been losing connection to SWG, quite frequently, which makes it very frustrating to play. I assume it's on the server side because it happens most during peak times and more so on packed severs such as starsider. I'm just wondering if everyone is getting this or maybe it could be interference with something on my end like my router.

Thanks for your input.

1) Make sure all of your drivers are up to date. The new Catalyst 3.5 was released about two weeks ago and those with the older 3.2 and 3.4 versions are having this problem.

2) Do a complete virus scan on your computer.

3) Do a complete system defrag.

4) Start the launchpad and run a FUll Scan after it does it's initial scan.

This is a good couple hours worth of work, but your gaming experience should be much more enjoyable afterwards.

Things to consider:

A 64MB graphics card will run the game, but will frequently be short on memory.

256MB of RAM will run the game, but you will find yourself going to virtual memory, a lot.

Both of these things can aid in crashes to desktop (AKA CTDs)

I haven't had any crashes, just kept losing connection.

I have a geforce 4 ti4800 128mg graphics card

and 512 of ram so i'm fine there,

the proccesor is only a athlon 950, but the game runs fine otherwise.

every hour or so i'd lose connection and sometimes would have a hard time logging back in to a specific server (other servers would log in np).

I just want to minimize the time wasted logging in again and again.

I was just listing one of the other symptoms. Also, 56Kers will experience the Lost Connection problem more frequently than anyone else. I get this about once or twice a week, and usually only because the servers were brought down for an update.

Remember, anything that causes PC side lag can cause CTDs and/or Lost Connections.

Really though, you will get the 'Lost Connection' message if the devs put a hot fix in as well. So going back to the rescan is a good thing in that instance.

I don't know about the router though, that would be something to ask the techies on the main site.

Archived