Home

About Frames Per Second and Internet speed

InnateEnigma

Can somebody please explain to me if your internet connection speed affects your frames per second?

Is it possible with the right setup video card, ram. ect. to get a high frames per second with a slower internet connection?

I mean could someone with a tricked out system still get a high frame rate with a dial up.

I guess I just want to know how the connection speed, system setup relate to the frames per second.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

In beta a lot of people noticed vastly improved fps when they fitted more RAM.

Someone did tests and noted a great improvement moving from 512mbDDR up to 768mbDDR.

Other people noted that their page files were being used a lot even though they had plenty of physical memory in reserve , which lead to claims that there was a fault with the coding of the game.

I have 512DDR and used to get up to 30fps in the wilds , but as you say the cities were ridiculous , sometimes resembling a bizarre slideshow.

Hope that helps.

Chindi.

Yes, RAM vastly improve the Fps, of course, both on the card itself and regular RAM. :)

I had 256 mb in my machine before. Now I have 768mb, and I noticed a big change in both Fps aswell as loading time between zones in EQ. Even starting the game only takes around 1 minute and 30 seconds, compared to 5 minutes before. ;)

Archived