Home

Some Questions about bots

|GG|Carl

I have some questions about creating bot support, Here they are:

1. Is it possible to make a bot alligned with a human player? I'm creating a clan skin, and I thought it would be cool if the bot was alligned with the clan members.

2. In the JKB-file, it says like this when someone is alligned to anyone:

for example:

Desann 2

Tavion 2

What does no. 2 mean? what if I would change it to 1 or 3?(I have seen no.1 many times , and 3, 4 and 5 once)

I just wanna know, what does it mean?

3. Can I create a bot with both light and dark side force powers?

4. In the chat sections in the JKB file, you sometimes can see signs like these: %s and %a. I know that means "last killed person" or something, but there are a lots of these signs, so my question is, Could anyone please tell me what all of these signs means?

I hope you can answer these questions!!!

NOTE: don't flame me cause I'm not using botmaker

1. nope isn't possible, a damn shame, cuz it would be cool to coop with a bot wouldn't it, you can allign one to another bot though

2. 1 means that a bot only cares for someone if they are on the same team 2 means they will (almost) always care 'bout the other bot, for the rest, I dunno, never heard of them

3. no, except if its a bot for A mod like Forcemod

%s this is the only one I know, it shows the name of the guy that killed you/ guy you killed last/ guy you love who got killed/the guy you hate

Ya know if every one just gave points in exchange then this would be a better community :p:D

• 3 weeks later...

Does noone have the answer of this question??? I've waited for an answer for mounths!

4. In the chat sections in the JKB file, you sometimes can see signs like these: %s and %a. I know that means "last killed person" or something, but there are a lots of these signs, so my question is, Could anyone please tell me what all of these signs means? Or at least give me a link to a site where all of these signs are explained.

4. In the chat sections in the JKB file, you sometimes can see signs like these: %s and %a. I know that means "last killed person" or something, but there are a lots of these signs, so my question is, Could anyone please tell me what all of these signs means?

In my experience (as an avid bot-fiddler), using %a for bot's chat responses results in random gibberish at best. As Dark Reaper said, %s appears to be the only variable that works and it returns the name of opponent which killed or was killed by the bot.

Perhaps the simplest answer to the riddle of why %a still appears in many JKB-files is found right on your keyboard. Look carefully at the proximity of the letter "a" to the letter "s." Frankly I think the anomaly of %a is simply a typo. :)

On a related note, look how often "EmotionalAttachments" is misspelled in JKBs. Frequently (even in Raven's own files) I've seen it typed incorrectly as "EmotionalAttachment" - singular instead of plural.

Kill trackers, huh? Personally I'll get excited about those things when LucasArts adds an ignore button to Jedi Knight. Frankly, I think they're childish and obnoxious.

Anyhow, a closer look at your screen grab reveals the kill tracker identifies %s as the number of your total kills. I can guarantee you that using %s in a bot's JKB file will not return a kill number.

Therefore, I think it's safe to assume the rest of the variables listed won't do much inside a JKB file either. But who knows? You might be onto something... give it a try. ;)

Archived