Home

WIP: Cinematic for JKII

lukeskywalker1

Well.. i got lucky and my mom sort of let me "borrow" the JA CD, so i quickly made a map, and it doesnt work in MP... but t works in SP. The thing is, it was made in the MP mode, not SP. I dont get why... heres the error i got: "RE:loadworldmap maps/mp/mp_test.BSP not found." but it loaded in SP... it might be the extra directory (maps/mp/***) im not sure... its just a room (a box :D) and it has a info_player_start a info_deathmatch a info_duel and an info_seigeteam1 or something like that... i just wanted it to load :(

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey, im interested to know if that map i made works on anyone elses JA (because it was made in jk2 radiant) so can someone check it out for me? I made a mistake in the readme, and wrote it was in maps/test_luke but really it was in maps/mp/test_luke (just type in the console "map mp/test_luke" Can someone DL it, and tell me if it works? (its for MP) thanks!

you can get it here: http://www.freewebs.com/bens_maps/betatests.htm

Thanks again :)

Ok, like i said at my jk2files forum thread, its been a while since ive made a new beta, so heres a .wmv file, its about 20 seconds long, no sound. Youll have to go to the other forum, because they allow you to upload stuff.... i cant here. oh well.. if anyone knows how i can i will upload it, but youll have to go to this forum: JKII CINEMATIC THREAD AT http://WWW.JK2FILES.COM

Its at the bottom.

Ok, well, besically ive decided to move the whole project to jedi academy. But the thing is, i doubt it will get any downloads now, and you guys know scripting is a whole lot of work. A whoel 30 mins is a lot of scripting, and i dont want it to get completly wasted. So heres what ill do, ill just keep working on it in jk2, and then when i get JA, ill test it in there, and if its not too bad, ill continue the project. If most of its screwed up, then i might try and fix it. Its a lot of work to just redo...

And ill leave out sounds for now. What i do have, ill see if i can replace in JA. Like for instance, the convo in part 2 with the stormtroopers and the commander, ill just find a new convo in JA, and fix that up. The map should be ok, maybe a few missing textures, but nothing too bad, i hope.

What do you guys think?

Ive emailed bloodriot about using his model in JA, i didnt plan on using it, but i think i like his more than Raven's :) plus, ive already begun working on it. I can probably give bloodriots boba the flamethrower, and possibly the jetpack, or ill have to do like i originally planed, and script it all... which is no problem.

Thanks man. And bloodriot gave me permission to continue using his boba in JA... anyways, Zbomber, the 2nd is gone :( Angelfire erased my account, and the beta went down with it. If you want i can email to ya :)

ok, heres an idea, ill upload all i have.... and let you guys see it, sort of like a preview for whats to come in JA! Ill try and get it up by tommorrow afternoon.

Oh Kurgan... that first link is broken! And the 2nd one...

(I should edit those eh?)

anyways...

I updated my site, it now has a guestbook. Anyways, heres my plan. Im going to "touch up" part 1 a bit (scrolling text, and a level switch, and also possibly add credits.) Should be done very soon. I made the text, but it looks kinda bad. But it took me like an hour to make ill fix it for the full JA version. Also, a while back i fixed a bug in part 2. Have you noticed how kyle didnt look at the stormtrooper while he choked it? Well I fixed that (big deal right?) well.. it is sort of, because that was distracting (kyle looking the other way, while choking a stormtrooper in front of him) anyways, its fixed. ill get it up "Soon" i put the "" because im not sure when....

Ok, i finished my final jk2 beta for the movie. I apoiligize, part 1 isnt finished, part 2 is mostly the same, i just fixed one bug. Also, the credits and scroling text looks messed up... but if you want to see part 1 before i finish it for JA, then get it now...

go here: http://www.freewebs.com/bens_maps

go to the beta tests section, get the file. And then put the .pk3 with the cinematic directory in the gamedata directory. Then load the mod, and type in the console map pt1, the read me was wrong about that, i forgot to change it...

I will rather wait for the finished version. Playable levels are OK to beta test, even if there were some bugs, but movies are a different story. I think I would like to see this one as a smoothly running piece of art, with no compromises...

Yeah the first few minutes (Which is about all i made) had some pretty big spoilers. Thats ok Lassev (BTW, Im pretty sure i put your name in the credits...) I just wrote lassev. Anyways, your going to have a long wait (there is still about 2 months before i can even really work on it) right now im not sure which commands are still in JA, and which are not... and im not sure if they put all the animations in JA. If not, thats not going to be cool at all :(

right now im not sure which commands are still in JA, and which are not... and im not sure if they put all the animations in JA. If not, thats not going to be cool at all

Yeah, that's certainly a thing you are not wondering alone :( . It's a strange thing beyond my imagination why the new tools are not released. Still, the modview is released, and you can go and have a look at the repertoire of animations. If the names are always the same, that I cannot say...

But the wait is no problem as long as you are determined and working hard. I'll have my new project in the future to occupy me for a long time with JA. So I'll be hanging around, no matter how long it takes :)

Thanks for the credits. It's always nice to be remembered :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

lol, I know it, it takes forever! Not an easy task.. Its definatly more work than I thought (This is the biggest project I will ever do!)

Whats left? Not much, I only plan for it to be like 3 minutes maybe. Im getting JA for christmas, so I want to finish the trailer by then (other wise it might not get done) :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived