Home

WIP: Cinematic for JKII

lukeskywalker1

(yes, i posted this as that good idea or bad idea thing)

Im making a movie type thing for JKII. It uses only cutscenes, and its ingame. I know if this can go really good, or really really bad, depending on how it turns out. Heres what ive done so far:

EDIT: Sorry, but the link is gone!!!!

EDIT # 2: Go to my site http://www.freewebs.com/bens_maps and my beta is in the downloads section, use the dark spire clan mirror... thanks!

DL it, put it in your gamedata/base directory, and open up JKII sp and type in the console map cinematic. Then tell me what you think. Ill be posting updates, and more peices of it here too. This is part 2 (what you are downloading) I havnt made part 1 yet, but i will soon.

UPDATE:

Ive emailed the people who made the boba fett model, i want him to be in this, if they say no, then ill just have to make a bounty hunter, but boba fett would be cool :)

-lukeskywalker1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it was a test, so i didnt do much with the map... but now im making my maps better :) thats why it has the mirror floor... the rain, and a lot of md3s :D dont worry pt 2 isnt really that important.... just shows kyle going in the base... and that there are some enemies... stuff like that. And I know about how you see into the void in certain areas, thats to improve FPS for slower machines, and its ok as long as it doesnt show up on camera :D

anyways, i got permission to use boba fett :) yay!

and.. i got some screenshots from my new level (part 1)

nar1.jpg

nar2.jpg

nar3.jpg

nar4.jpg

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

And I know about how you see into the void in certain areas, thats to improve FPS for slower machines, and its ok as long as it doesnt show up on camera :D

Seeing into the void = leak = WORSE frame rates. Plug the leaks and texture the visible sides if you want higher FPS!!!

...A little hint...if you download the FRAPS utility (http://www.fraps.com, I believe), you can record the game directly to an .avi file, as long as it's in 640x480 res and you can record the sound some other way. Then you can release the movie as a true movie.

• 4 weeks later...

Mostly been adding to part 2. But ive had some issues to take care of, and havnt been able to work as much latley.

heh, here are some screenies :D

shot0535.jpg

shot0527.jpg

The guy is the dark jedi. Needs a little more work.

Plus, in part 2, ive added a lot to the map, mostly detail. Im still adding a tiny bit to the script, mostly a boba fett scene, nothing special really. Just makes it look nicer ;)

Well, the camera was moving at the time. And it was a test, because i was trying to learn how to trigger Fxfiles in scripts. There were dumb errors, and in the end it was i had misspelled the file :D

mostly been working in part 2, ive added detail to the level (mostl md3s) but i did add another scene (about 50 seconds) which includes boba fett and an atst, with slave one in the back round. Ive made certain areas look a whole lot better to.

Ill probably go into a team when i get JA. I know ill be making a map i started for JK2 MP, but i never finished, mostly FPS problems. But now ive learned a whole lot about mapping, so i probably will remake it.

Do you know a command to get rid of that 'couldnt find image for shader no draw' ? Also, ive added music. The music starts when kyle first walks into the building. So its not right in the beggining when the level starts.

Ok... can you rate these screenshots for me... (if its good, then ill use it for most of the remnant base [ I decided to use remnant instead of empire because there were more in game voices referring to the remnant, and the more realistic the voices, the better the game]) Anyways can you please say if they need improving

hall.jpg

hall2.jpg

32 fps in an area like that? is that your specs or is there a huge area behind those walls? anyway, it looks a little plain right now, try putting in more computers, npcs, etc... look into ravens kejim_post and kejim_base(which looks like what your doing right now anyway)

Yeah, its the whole map you saw, (i added a few out door areas, the ravens claw lands, and an area with slave one) and more... just a different area. plus i have 128 ram and win XP so... you get the picture...

geometric detail is high, texture is medium and like... that 800 resoultion (cant ever remember the numbers) even though i could turn it to that 1028 resolution... best i can get is around 50 FPS :( oh well.. (well.. in the void ive gotten over 100 :D )

Also, little things like consoles, weapons racks, and models. This is a movie, spend time polishing the details.

theres one weapon rack... i just took the guns :) and you see the glass (need to change the shader) theres an imperial officer in there typing at a console, and a few curves... just those wall things though.... and boba is off to the left, you just cant see him cause of the screenshot...

look into ravens kejim_post and kejim_base(which looks like what your doing right now anyway)

yep, thats where i got the idea for the walls and stuff the kejim base map...

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

Yeah, its the whole map you saw, (i added a few out door areas, the ravens claw lands, and an area with slave one) and more... just a different area. plus i have 128 ram and win XP so... you get the picture...

Put areaportals in the doors.

Archived