Home

Should I Buy SWG?

Dare_Devil353

It depends really on how anxious you are to play the title. Right now the game shows its potential. We are getting a feel for the core of this title and it looks very good. The best features right now would be Character Development(experience gaining, skill increasing, etc. etc.) and exploration. Recently I had my first Galactic Civil War confrontation in Bestine with about 20 other Rebel Alliance soldiers against atleast 10 Imperials, ranging from men with CDEF pistols to a man named Jeht Black wearing full stormtrooper armor and carrying a Rifle with a nasty punch. We took the fight inside the city and eventually held the Town Center for about 5 minutes before the Imperials stormed the building and eventually pushed us outside of the city and back to Anchorhead. The battle was epic though, and tons of fun.

So, if you can get past all the gameplay issues that need tweaking(lack of missions, lack of variety in missions, lack of NPC missions, horrible faction point system, server crashes on Starsider and any other Full server, etc.) and stuff that you would expect from the first month of gameplay, then yeah go ahead and buy it.

BUT, if you are willing to wait I would buy this game at the end of the month or perhaps a few weeks later then that. The game will become much more stable, more bugs will be gone, more tweaking will happen, etc. etc. by this time.

It all comes down to your anxiousness to play.

Originally posted by PhantomXSquared

So, if you can get past all the gameplay issues that need tweaking(lack of missions, lack of variety in missions, lack of NPC missions, horrible faction point system, server crashes on Starsider and any other Full server, etc.) and stuff that you would expect from the first month of gameplay...

This says it all, doesn't it. This is why I'm passing :) It is an important think to consider.

I agree, wait for about 6 months when there are vehicles and player run cities. Right now it's the same as it was in beta, full of bugs and low on content (except the battles you create yourself).

Not worth the money if you ask me.

i want this game, i'll probably get it at xmas, and i'll find a way to pay the monthly fee. but i wanna know what you think it would run at 56k.. i dont wanna get this game if i wont be able to play online.

Archived