Home

Freeweb Hosting Guide/Help

Tesla

Ok i've noticed several people asking for image hosting and such so here's a short low down on where you can get your own siteo host images for free, im listing some of the best known free webpage hosters so if anyone knows anything that should be here please post, thanks :)

Service #1-Freewebs Freewebs

Freewebs is a useful and save service and you can either choose to design a webpage with either a "pre-fabricated" design as you can on alot of the freeweb hosters, as you can also upload your own HTML site you've made in MS Frontpage or any other method such as Notepad etc, you can do this as well on other services.

Rating- 8/10

Reason-Freewebs is a good and quick service but most of the good features are put in the preminum section in which you have to pay the said amount, but if you just looking for a good hosting area for your pictures you can do that with ease on Freewebs.

Service #2-Geocities Geocities

Geocities is another good service you might want to check out and is one of the older services avaliable, again it incorparates alot of the features of freewebs but is bogged down by ads.

Rating- 6/10

Reason-Geocites is a good,clean service but it has to many adverts for alot of things which can be annoying to the user or a visitor as well as the pop-ups you can get, but put aside these things and Geocities is one of the top services.

Service #3-Lycos Hosting Lycos (USA) Or Lycos (UK)

Lycos has potential to rival Geocities and Freewebs, and it does it well with some good designs for a pre fabricated designs and some are aimed obviously at us younger generations, i suggest to anyone who wants a decent service or something simple this wouldn't be the way but it's up to you who you go for.

Rating- 5/10

Reason-Lycos free hosting is a bit more difficult to understand and when you want to show of your pretty art-work,screenshots etc it doesn't usally work as the same as Geocities doesn't but you can overcome this by saving you images as .TXT, but anyway Lycos's services are good, but to me they seem aimed at more experienced web users.

Hope this tiny guide helps you pick a service which suits you best, please any comments,feedback id love to here them. :)

Originally posted by Tesla Trooper

you can also upload your own HTML site you've made in MS Frontpage or any other method such as Notepad etc, you can do this as well on other services.

I have a site and i use anglefire but i have a freewebs acount but i never use it cause i can't figure out how to make it to where i can use my own html documnts i make from notepad. could you plz plz tell me how to do this cause there prefabricated stuff is stuppid and I want to use my nice clean CSS designed page that I have designed and layed out the way I want it. (plus i want the extra 80mb of space i get on freewebs:D Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Archived