Home

Apprenticeship?

FedUp

Marksman/Scout/Artisan Those are my skills

I, like a million others am trying to become a Bounty Hunter. It requires a certain amount of apprenticeship xp. The manual doesn't do a very good job explaining how to get them. At least I don't see it.

I have learned skills from other players.

1. Does this mean I am now an apprentice? How many xp before I become an apprentice?

2. If not, do I have to follow them around for a while?

Or do I have to also teach? If so, is teaching a skill ANYONE can do?

3. Some players in game names show "Marksman Apprentice", "Novice Marksman" and some are blank w/ just a players name. How do I see what mine says?

I read the manual under Apprenticeship, skills and gaining xp. If it is explained in depth somewhere else, please let me know where.

Thanks!!!

to get aprenitice ship points.. you need to TEACH other players skills. like you have piistol 2 for eaxmple.. and another player needs to be tought pistol 2... you join his group or visa versa.... and you TEACH him the skill. you will get appretice ship points :D

and apprentice markman and gunman are titles.. you get thjese titles when you reached a certain level of a profession.. i have engineer and surveyor,, cause i topped the engineering part of artisian and the surveying part of artisian.

Thanks for the reply!!! I just went in game and someone needed "Novice Scout". I cant teach the "trade" only skills in the trade, correct? i.e. I cant teach "Novice Scout" only hunting I, etc.... They have to learn the "trade" from a trainer first, correct???

Thanks Again!

Pleeassee!!! I see alot of apprentices. I dont want to experiment in game cuz it wastes my time and theirs. We are already here...not playing. Also, is Tattoine pretty much the best planet to get the basic skills before i go galaxy hoppin'? Getting real tired of the desert. Would like to move on.

doesnt it seem like once the games been out for a while that everyone will know a bunch of stuff already...i mean, i wont get to play for like another month, so itll be easy for me to learn skills from others for cheap...but who am i supposed to teach when everyone is already better than me...

Originally posted by arguile

doesnt it seem like once the games been out for a while that everyone will know a bunch of stuff already...i mean, i wont get to play for like another month, so itll be easy for me to learn skills from others for cheap...but who am i supposed to teach when everyone is already better than me...

I'm guessing you won't be the last person to start playing the game. There will always be new players coming in and/or older players starting new professions.

Arguile has a point there though, after a few months there will be far less people that have to be trained then there are now. And the people who start new professions can usually learn their skills from a friend. New players without a PA will therefore have alot more trouble finding aprentices (sp?) than the current players have.

I could be wrong though :) *please tell me I'm wrong*

Archived