Home

Polyphonic goodness...

Hrothgar

:D Pleasant surprise of the day: Discovered the Sony Ericsson T306 I just got will allow complete downloads of MIDI tunes when I send them via infrared. All the tones I'd downloaded so far had come via WAP, so I assumed they had to be 30 seconds in length or less, but apparently they can go as long as you have memory to spare if you download them via cable or infrared.

Listening to Jojo right now...Love that little guy. :monkey3:

• 3 weeks later...

someone needs to truncate some midis =P

i got a few on my phone [including the shortened mi theme song for act changes in game, and stans theme that u have in the first mi at the ship yard.. =P ] but they take a while to start up as through the process of converting the midi to the format used by the phone some streams of audio are lost [such like bamboo noises etc] so some of the quality and start/finish is lost =[

The MIDI synthesis on the Sony/Ericssons seems to be pretty good. I'm not sure how it compares to other cells, but I've heard it's one of the best. The MI tracks sound great.

I have "Concerning Hobbits" from the "Fellowship of the Ring" score on there and it sounds amazing. It makes a great alarm clock tone in the morning.

Ok, due to recent demand the site will host a midi version of each tone within the next few weeks. Each midi will contain 4 voices, so every polyphonic phone can support them. I'm also working on ways to send the polyphonic tones over the internet direct to your phone.

I'm also working on updating the WAP site, the new version will be full colour, and will also provide the logo's and tones for you to download through your own phone.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, sorry about the long wait. Since I moved into uni, all my software and internet settings haven't been working. Slowly, I've been getting everything back round, and negotiating all the new firewalls and protective measures and I'm almost done. I have lots of exams in january, but by the start of february I should be in a position to update the site, and regularly update it at that.

Sorry for the wait.

Archived