Home

Dark Fall Q&A at Gamer's Hell

metal.jpg

Many gamers have reported sleepless nights and a fear of looking over their shoulder after playing Dark Fall. Good solid ghost story elements are utilized to create a delicious mixture of fear and fascination. Adventurers have said that it has the most non-linear story told in an adventure game, including the subplots. Players can piece the story together at their own pace, and tackle the puzzles and enigmas in whatever order they wish. Careful attention to detail and oodles of atmosphere combine to create one of the spookiest adventure games ever made…

full article

The game launches on July 28.

I know the mainstream gaming mags (well, at least one ;) ) are going to feature a review of DF now that's it's finally got major distribution, but is anybody at AG planning on re-reviewing the DC/TAC version when it hits? I wonder if there are any new surprises or embellishments?

This guy, Jonathan Boakes, made the entire game himself? Amazing!

I'm usually not very interested in "static image adventure / puzzle games" (unless its Myst), but Dark Fall has my attention. Most of the reviews I've read so far speak very highly of it... Quandary Land, Just Adventure, Mr. Bill's Adventureland, etc.

Dark Fall's page on XXv's website has a link to an Adventure Gamers review but, obviously, the link is broken. Does anybody know what score Adventure Gamers gave it?

I don't remember the amount of stars, but AG loved it too. DF gets pretty much universal accolades. Dark Fall is a great first person p-n-c thriller story that keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole way through, without ever resorting to gore or cheap scare tactics. It has tons of challenging but fair puzzles and a spooky, nonlinear hotel and railway station setting with great voiceovers and sci-fi elements... Boo!

Archived