Home

Monkey Island 5?

Bushmeister

If there is a MI 5, do you think that it should be longer and more challenging?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. If there is a MI 5, do you think that it should be longer and more challenging?

• Yes, the first 4 were kinda short
    • No, they are all about right
    • i don't care
    • arr..make them harder

As far as the difficulty level is concerned the first four games were just perfectly alright. The puzzles were challenging but always logical. If LucasArts threw in harder puzzles it would be fine with me as well as long as they wouldn't be unfair.

About the length, I agree with Gabez: The longer the better. But a well thought out storyline is more important than the actual amount of hours you need to complete the game. That's why I'd like a longer game but only if that doesn't result in LucasArts inventing stupid things just to make it longer.

I don't think harder puzzles, but maybe more interesting, funnier ones.

NO MONKEY KOMBAT! i read about this, and from what i gather is the most annoying thing since Jar Jar.

PS supposedly, Guy yells "Jar Jar!" in EMI. Will no one fill me in on this one!?!:confused:

What happens with the whole "Jar Jar" thing is that at the end of EMI, when Timmy kicks Guybrush off the top of the cliff, you get Guybrush calling out a few things, some credits, and then Guybrush crying out some more. I can't remember when, but at one time you hear Guybrush calling out: "Jar Jar?" Yeah, I think that's it.

Yeah, at the end after Timmy sort of frightens him off the cliff, he starts yelling to various people for help...I think he starts with Elaine and gets all the way to George Lucas before the credits are over. :) Jar Jar's in there somewhere near the end.

And anyway--I agree, longer is better, especially for those of us who have a tendency to play those games far too quickly. But the storyline should be able to hold up a long game, too. A long game with a bad story isn't any fun.

The puzzles in the Monkey Island's were perfect. They were so good that could spend days trying to figure it out, and then, when you finally do see the light, it seems so obvious that you need to stand up, laugh, and hit yourself. The length could always be improved, considering that the more Monkey Island there is, the better. Lets hope that the puzzles remain confusingly funny, and the characters loveable.

Farewell,

Ernil

P.S. It is kinda odd that the last words you hear from Guybrush are "Jar Jar?"

I believe Jar Jar's the last name that he yells out before the credits start. It's not so bad, though, even considering I didn't like Jar Jar. At least we finish up the last Monkey Island ever with a Joke.

Archived