Home

Favorite unaltered RM map

I know this is old stuff but we have to keep this forum going.

The only thing that's actually keeping this forum going is Kimba's thread and well we have to do something else also 'cause one thread alive is not something good...Or maybe that thread's alive because Kimba is the first female forumite for a long time? It has been us guys for so long now...

*shudder*

Anyway guys, I was wondering which unaltered RM map was your favorite in GB1?

Tell me and help me to keep the place alive.

Space Mass... here's why.

Generally very little free food. And if there are mynocks most people dont bother hunting them, though it can be important to do so.

It also takes away the use of the navy. I destest the naval forces in this game. Basically it takes away a lot of variables and you KNOW what to expect and is very easy to battle on.

i like anything that doesnt make a rush very hard.

i hate satelites and forced deployment because i like to make a nice t2 rush.

forced deployment sucks because not only are you forced to make at least one shipyard... but you need to go ALL the way around the map to find your opponent! It SUCKS!

I like precipice. I think having a river across the middle of the map can make things quite interesting.

They really ruined the space maps in CC with all that free food. Why? It doesn't make much sense to me. The space maps used to be an interesting variation because you had to manage without free food. It seems a bit strange that someone just happened to leave big stockpiles of food where you need it.

I love rivers and precipe... they are both cool IMO, because its easy to wall off the passing in the center. Ushually i go heavy on carbon and send 2 workers to make a wall, power core then 2x shipyard and then 2x troop center. My enemy will think ive gone all defensive then ill ushually sneak a transport full of troops across and hit his carbon hehe... I love using boats and etc but these are the only maps i can take advantage of them.

I think they ruined ice lake, it would of been great if they kept it like they had in GB, it would of went well with CC's cheaper better boats.

mediteranean? wtf is that kind of map?

And I'll say this... the weirdest maps are those nova assault maps. Especially the one on the lake. The people who go for that thing in early t2 and put up a single turret always lose. And I played one nova assault on land (which i didnt know existed) and me and some dude OWNED something fierce... i had like 4 forts and 3 cc's by the nova... it wasnt pretty.

gotcha

i generally suck at the water boards. i love being the rebels for the troops, air and jedi... so i never use the navies much and generally build them too late when i do need them.

thankfully the rest of my gameplay will generally over compensate for that fact. i beat 2 guys last night after my partner got wrecked at quit in t2 or 3... dont know which. all i know if when i have only 4 troops and my opponent is calling for help he must suck something fierce. so he quit... then i unleashed mounties, strikes, and a wings on the 2 other guys. killed a bunch of cc's, smaller bases, power cores... then after their troopers got my mounties my a wings killed all their troops... then my mounies came back in another wave... then after they died and the a wings were wasted the 2 guys made all air to counter my a wings...

bad idea.

at that point my jedi converted all their anti air turrets and mobiles and it was pretty much over. :D that was on a standard-ish flat map with relatively no food.

• 2 weeks later...

You can just choose Star Wars Locale if you want something else then a bland description...or is it the same? Anyway, it wasn't so much better with AoK. The ' Crafts had names for their maps alongside a small description. The only problem was that the names and description were totally stupid and useless...

You can just choose Star Wars Locale if you want something else then a bland description...or is it the same? Anyway, it wasn't so much better with AoK. The ' Crafts had names for their maps alongside a small description. The only problem was that the names and description were totally stupid and useless...

In AoK you got the Baltic Sea or Mongolia, but they changed them to Inland Sea or Flats.

The _Craft games may have had creative map names, but thats where the creativity on the maps ended, seeing that they lacked randomness of any sort, which kinda sad, since AoE has been doing RM with few pathing errors since 1995, and Blizzard still can't do it in 2002. And the pathing still sucks in Blizzard games, despite the fact that they use pre-made maps. But I digress...

They had plenty of maps enough to keep up diversity to a certain extend(I think there was about 70 to 80 maps available with the game plus many downloadable maps directly from blizzard). I believe it was enough. I kind of hate a bit the randomly generated maps 'cause they make some passes sometimes quite unclear(this happens a lot if you play the naboo map). Sometimes there's a small pass between two rows of trees that you can't see 'cause well the trees are blocking the view. Randomly generate maps can get annoying sometimes.

Archived