Home

The role of Mechs

lukeiamyourdad

DK Viceroy had some good points (if you can get through the non-punctuated babble) until he got to talking about EU.

Windu: Those quotes are true but similar things could be said about many other armies in the real world (since, as you so often say, Star Wars is based on the real world). For example, when George Bush was trying to get support for the War in Iraq, the French were strongly against it. They wouldn't enter into an alliance with the Americans even though they have a decent army, hence "I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to war".

Now I'll use Australia for my next point because I'm Australian and I know the capabilities of our Army. Let's say another country decided to invade Australia. We'd be required to call on our allies because we might not be able to defend the country ourselves. We would probably say "Our Royal Australian Army will be no match for the battle-hardened <insert invading country here> Army." Like the Naboo, we need our allies, though we do still have a standing Army and could wage war on a lesser country if we wanted to.

While we're on the subject of real-world equivalents, it is obvious the real world equivalent to the Hutt Cartel would be the Mafia, or some other similar crime syndicate. Can you picture the Mafia marching to battle?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well actually Vostok, your model is flawed becuase the only nation in the world that has the capacity to invade Australia is the USA - the very same nation that we would call for help.

With Star Wars, the point i was trying to make was that the Naboo dont have an army, they have a 'Security' force, much like Jabba. Their weaponry would also be comparable, although in the game, i have given the Hutts a couple of advantages to balance their obvious lack of military force. These include-

1. The ability to 'steal' other civ's workers

2. A mobile resource center

3. 'Moisture Farm' unique building that generates credits

4. Buildings that are auto-garrisoned (fire without being garrisoned by units)

Actually my model isn't flawed because I was talking theoretically! I believe my point is proven by thinking back to WW2 with the attempted Japanese invasion. The fact that the Japanese are by law so militarily-restricted now is inconsequential.

What is your comment on my point that Hutts = Mafia? Once again you seem to have ignored my strongest point.

HOW DAFT IS THAT the hutts control tatooine hah that's a laugh if they did do you realy think they'd let stormtroopers roam the streets the imperials had a moff on the planet albeit a corrupt on but a moff all the same. the only planets they controlled were Dassocha 5 Nal hutta and it's orbiting smuggler moon of Nar Shadda maybe before you should try to cover every angle of an idea before you start abut it. If anyone wants to start on the chiss again i'm pretty sure that there'll be a few shots of sev'rance tann which since i've got a little about her in my fac t file i cinsider her official i don't acknoledge the existance of EU only Cannon and official extra's only an idiot would think that star wars is only the films or are you willing to say that bafore ep's 1 and 2 cane out that anything like nabbo at that time was EU which i don't acknowledge any right to exist really you need to sort your definition's there's a saying that goes TO The Pure Arn't ALL things Pure and if you are indeed purists as you claim but since everything these days are lies with a paint job i don't beleive that as much as i beleive anything the official stuff explains things that there WASN'T time for in the film. or would you rather that every few seconds they debatred the finer points of an Imperial Star Destroyer against a Star cruiser why do i seem to be the only person around here WIHTOUT ROSE COLOURED GLASSES ON

Viceroy, do your trains of thought really collide as much as they do in your posts? Because I can't see any other reason why you refuse to punctuate your posts for the benefit of your fellow forumites.

Now, I think I've decifered enough of your post to understand that you believe Purists to be idiots. Your argument (I believe) is that before Episode I Naboo was not Canon, and therefore according to Purists did not exist. That is true. Naboo didn't exist. George Lucas hadn't thought it up yet. You seem to fail to understand that Star Wars is a movie, it is not real. I'd like to say more in my argument but until you structure your sentences in a readable format I'm at a loss.

well mechs are important in any battle for their fire power and the assault mechs moderate troop carrying capibility the only problem is the mechs have a certain capibility for example the strike mech good for attacking troops but not good for other mechs the same with the mech destroyer hence its name but i luv mech and they are a asset to any army :atat:

With Tatooine, it would also be a pretty safe bet that after Endor, the Hutts would remove the Imperial presence on Tatooine.

Jango - first of all, Grammer - learn to use it.

This thread is about the possible use of mechs in SWGB2, not SWGB. Also, two other things-

1. Kamino is spelt with a K, not a C

2. In your sig, it should be "You're", not "Your"

hey stuff happens put up with it i did and even now they still don't shut up. there worse than my old english teacher haven't had a chance to see the new old bag yet and i usually focus on getting the idea down first. and for tatooine your right about that the republic was in command of tatooine in name only i get this from shmi skywalker is ep 1 saying " the republic doesn't exist out here " thoguh they did have a presence and made the occasional anti slave raid.

Is this punctuation okay NOW or do y9ou wasnt it every 2 words.

and besides lay off him the title for the thread is The Role Of Mechs it doesn;t say which game so you could in theory write about mechs in swgb though anyway i don't really see any hutt military commanders or them even bothering about production facilities supply lines forward bases star ships the like the hutts lived on tatooine for 3 reasons

1 the repoublic didn't really exist out there

2 Money

3 Pleasure

Well Viceroy, you are getting better. Don't get sore at us, it's called "netiquette". You might argue that it saves time for you to type in a relatively non-sensical manner, and it is up to us to figure it out. But that is really being a bit rude, when If you take the time to write properly we can save time reading and everyone is happy. It's just common courtesy really. Now we'd understand if you live in a non-English speaking country or if you are only a little kid, so please tell us if either one of these is true and we'll get off your back.

If you read threads before replying to them, you will actually find out what they're about and you will be able to make your reply more relevant.

Of course it's important to get ideas down before you forget them, but you could do that in Word or Notepad, then edit it and copy and paste it into the post form when it's ready.

Well now that's a little much to be doing it on word before putting it here.

DK_Viceroy-We meant no offense, it's just that it's hard to know where a sentence begins when you're not using punctuation and capitalization(sp?). It gets you ideas straight and easy for everyone to read so the point you're making is clearer to us.

DK_Viceroy, no offense, but I didnt read any of your posts in fear for my eyesight. Punctuation=good. Paragraphs=good. Complete sentences=good.

Okay, Naboo is counted as a civ for the same reason the aztecs/mayans are counted as civs in AoK. conquerors need something to conquer, even if it doesn't make sense equality of strengthwise

Thanks Saberhagen i play the game every night so that's why i usually talk about things i know about in 10 games no one played as gungans that's waste. I see a lot more people playing as republic or empire because of the fact that they are TOO overpowered if they can hit the ground running. Jedi or Sith Masters are too overpowered and don't have an effective counter .The Hutt cartel would just be another civ that would get steam rolled by a jedi master horde and since they propably wouldn't have good mechs they realistiucally wouldn't stand a chance.

True not many people choose to play Gungans when given the choice. Nearly everyone goes for Republic, Confed, Empire or Rebels. I wouldn't say the Gungans are weak though. They have some of the best heavy weapons - their pummels are excellent. I think another reason why people don't play them is because they just don't like them. It could be because the sound effects are annoying, or because people associate them with Jar Jar, or things like that.

I agree saberhagen. I said in another thread already I think the biggest reason people don't play Gungans is because of Jar Jar. I quite like them, they aren't weak at all.

Don't forget though we're talking about the possible SWGB2 here, in which the strength of Jedi and necessity for good mechs may not necessarily be the same as that in SWGB1.

Although Trooper wars are very fun i just fear that too many troopers might lag the game. Anyway lol.

Mechs are supposed to be the backbone and help infantry. On the case of Trade Fed and the Empire, it should really change. I mean who uses Trade fed troopers in late games?

Viceroy- Gungan Pummels if upgraded are more powerful then Trade Fed pummels or Confed pummels. Learn your civs.

Archived