Home

Multiplayer Maps

xtrakrispypleas

Could you be more specific, mate?

It could be that you've downloaded some single-player maps - they won't show up in MP. It could also be that you've downloaded a Duel map and you're looking at the list of FFA maps. Remember where it says "Game Type" on the selection screen, you've got several options. You may need to change the game type to see other maps you've got.

Hope this helps,

B.

Oh, and welcome to the boards :D

Hah, that isn't it, but thanks for the tips anyways. I have about 50 ctf map pk3's in the base folder, and only about 12 show up in the in-game menu. so you see, there is something else afoot. In all i have about 200 some map files in the base folder, and i can access about 70 of them in game. and they are all multiplayer maps.

I could be wrong but when making maps if the person does not do some type of thing with it (don't ask me what), the map will not show up in the menu but it will still load via the console command:

\map mapnamehere

We had a guy making a clan map for us in the past and the test versions he initially sent me had to be loaded via the console.

Once he got it close to completion and added the loading screen graphics and such, it showed up in the menu.

My best guess is some of the maps you have that do not show up did not have this feature added when made.

As for limits on the stuff in your base folder, the only one I remember was if you had a ton of player models, after a certain amount they would not show up in the player menu.

They could still be loaded via the console though.

That could be the same with maps though, they are still there but the map choice menu simply won’t show that many.

Okay, i had heard about that. Apparently there's some extra file or something to be added. The game itself apparently allows thousands upon thousands of files to be added. I know you can load it in the console, but when you have that many maps, it gets to be a pain. Thanks anyways though.

Archived