Home

Flight of the Amazon Queen prob.

I've just downloaded Flight of the Amazon Queen from the underdogs (http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=415) (Joe, thanks for the link). It has a coupla zip files inside so I unzipped them all (no dirty mind please). There was an Install.exe which didn't seem to do anything and a Genesis.exe which kept showing credits of those who cracked and stuff and no matter what key I pressed (even tried the famouse "Any" key), it kept running the show.

Anyone experienced in this? :(

I also did the same thing *gasps of horror* and I have the same problem as you Haidang.

I think the files are corrupt.

So unless anyone's got them to work, I think we're both on a loser here unfortunately.

I'm still looking out for it on ebay, it pops up here and there but I always get outbid!

BTW - Has anyone seen Bud Tucker or Tony Tough going on ebay uk? I've only ever seen one copy of Bud Tucker but it was German! If anyone can help, I've been trying to get hold of this game for YEARS!

Tony Tough, I guess I've just been unlucky

Peace

Originally posted by HaiDang

Thanks everyone. So Dom, what I am supposed to do now is download that slowdown thing and later run the install.exe? Am I right? AM I RIGHT??

Yes YES! :D

I remember having similar problems *cough* not that I ever visit that site...

put Moslo into the same directory as the game and run it with the command line:

moslo /50 install.exe

Where 50 is the percentage of your processors speed you want to make available.

(p.s. this is all thanks to the sites own forums; do a search for Queen for a full rundown. As much as some people dislike the site, and fair enough everyones welcome to their own opinion, I have to admit it's a great forum for getting help on getting old games running.)

Hmm so anyone know of some other site for downloading oldie advengames like this one? I hate it that most of the times I entered the code and press Enter for a game, all I get is some funny error message. And it's not even funny :(

Also the Ace Ventura game I got from there had some bug that disabled all cursor modes before I could talk to that Frenchie in the Nautilus.

Archived