Home

Yuuzhan Vong ideas needed

Darth Windu

Hi everyone, im adding the Yuuzhan Vong to my SWGB2 idea as an 'award' civ, in that you have to complete the single-player game on the hardest difficulty setting to access them. However, ive never read any of the books, so i have no idea what sort of units they use and what they are like.

Any and all (sane) ideas are appreciated.

I haven't read all of them myself but can give you a list and what they did of the things they used

Grutchin some sort of weird blue dragonfly that's super effective against all things of this world but not controllable usually propelled in the general direction of it's target and left to it's own devices

Corral Skipper

a triangular fighter with a widened back end with narrowed front end with curved sides and cockpit with a dovin basal or 2 witch abosrobs energy they are equipped weith twin magma cannons and a volcano launcher some sort of torp launcher

Matalok Cruiser

a space borne assault organism equipped with large dovin basals with capabiulities similar to that of an imperial Interdicatator cruiser

Shaper

a member of the shaper cast which grows all things vong for the vong by the vong for all the vong { excuse the humour } usually under the command of the shaper deity goddes Yun Harla view anything like research as heresy and use protoicols handed down by the gods through Supreme dread overlord the present one is called Shimarra who is the leader of the yuzzhan vong people and he is the conduit of which the knowledge flows all dogma really he ends up takling heretical shapers and using them to rseacrh under the excuse that the gods hold out the knowldege but must work towardfs attaining it.

more later i'll have to read through again I have a rubbish memory and am suppried at the fact i actually remeberd this much

Well.... *clears throat*

Yuuzhan Vong organize themselves into castes.

Shaper Caste:

Master Shaper - highest ranking shaper, supervises others and stuff.

Shaper Adept - I guess a normal working shaper

Shaper Initiate - the beginner shaper...

Shapers "shape" organism to make them "better" and to further their cause. You may remember Voxyns. Shapers "shaped" a vornskr and modified it.

Priest Caste:

I really see no use of them in the game... they're just that... priests. They "communicate with the gods."

Warrior Caste:

Warmaster - leads all warrior forces

Supreme Commander - a big General or something

Commander - commands...

Subaltern - lead the warriors

Warrior - armed with an amphistaff, and usually carry Thudbugs, Razorbugs, or some such bugs that they throw at enemies and the bugs do their best to kill them.

The Intendant Caste:

Executor - Like Nom Anor, spies/intelligence

others include: High Prefect, Prefect, Consul, Attendant

Worker Caste:

The Shamed Ones - they'd probably be the workers.

Others include: workers and slaves.

The Supreme Overlord rules all.

Yuuzhan Vong Gods:

Yun-Harla - The Trickster, represents deception & aggression.

Yun-Ne'Shel - The Modeller, oversees natural life cycles of the universe and shall help in creative processes.

Yun-Q'aah - one of the twin gods

Yun-Shuno - Every Yuuzhan Vong that's body/biology rejects Bioenhancement with implants is referred to as a Shamed One and seen as a Slave Worker. They are shunned by the other gods. Yun-Shuno watches over them and speaks for them to the other gods

Yun-Txiin - one of the twin gods

Yun-Yammka - the Slayer, Yuuzhan Vong god of war

Yun-Yuuzhan - Cosmic Lord, sacrificed many body parts to create the lesser gods & the Yuuzhan Vong

Unique Things that I can remember:

Voxyn: Hunted Jedi and were very good at it. they had a Screech/Scream/roar attack thingy that could stun enemies. It could spit some acidic goo at enemies. i believe its tail had poison spikes. They're like vornskr (they can sense/track Force Sensitives)... and anything else I missed.

These big Fire-Breathing Lizards that were on Gyndine massacring thousands of refugees.

I probably left out a lot of stuff about the Vong. try searching on Google and stuff.

here are some sites:

http://www.starwars.com/databank

http://www.njoe.com

http://www.theforce.net/books/unjoh/

Well I object to the Vong being included, but I'm not going to try and stop you planning for it. My main concern surrounding this thread is Windu: how can you call yourself a Purist when you're planning a Vong civ? As founder of the Purist Church of George Lucas I cast you out, Windu!

Now, please continue planning your Vong civ.

Vostok - well, as i said the Vong would NOT be part of the normal game, and only available after the completion of all single-player missions on the hardest difficulty setting. The reason for this is so to keep them out of the standard game, where they shouldnt be, but also to include them so that EU fans can use them or fight them, mainly becuase they are the main villians in EU.

Phreak - what is the difference between a Warmaster, Supreme Commander, Commander and Subaltern?

Thanks for the info, but i need it to be a bit more detailed (apart from things like priests)

Viceroy - thanks for the info, and good work with the grammer

Well I think a fully-fledged Vong army would be too much work to only be a secret civ. Realistically, it would either be a proper civ like the others or not be in at all. It would be interesting if perhaps there was an EU expansion for the game. However due to the relative non-popularity of EU, it would be a waste of LucasArts' time and money. But still interesting.

oh0 yeah0 and0 i0 double0 checked0 they've0 got0 a0 huge0 ship0 that0 is 0super0 powerful0 BUT0 they0 don't0 have0 many0 of0 them 0and0 they 0are0 similar0 to0 world0 devastors0 in0 the0 fact0 that0 they0 can0 update0 themselves.0 though0 not0 in0 quite0 that0 way0 they0 would0 instead0 graft0 dead battleships0 onto0 them0 making0 thme0 more0 powerful.

Sorry0 about0 the0 0 my0 keyboard0 is not working and the space key also puts in a 0 0so sorry.

oh0 yeah0 and0 i0 double0 checked0 they've0 got0 a0 huge0 ship0 that0 is 0super0 powerful0 BUT0 they0 don't0 have0 many0 of0 them 0and0 they 0are0 similar0 to0 world0 devastors0 in0 the0 fact0 that0 they0 can0 update0 themselves.0 though0 not0 in0 quite0 that0 way0 they0 would0 instead0 graft0 dead battleships0 onto0 them0 making0 thme0 more0 powerful.

Sorry0 about0 the0 0 my0 keyboard0 is not working and the space key also puts in a 0 0so sorry.

And0 i0 congratulate 0you0 Windu0 for0 abadoning0 the rose 0coloured0 glasses0 that so many people0 have donned maybe nowa few more will take them off bare vostoks ravings no mind. I heartily endorse your idea and give it my full support and hope that you post this idea so we may have the priveledge of beholding what must be shaping up to be a great idea.I 0also encourage0 you to come up with more for maybe 1 each per campaign it would certainly increase plyability0 which0 is starting to become endemic.0

Phreak - what is the difference between a Warmaster, Supreme Commander, Commander and Subaltern?

Thanks for the info, but i need it to be a bit more detailed (apart from things like priests)

Well, I can't really find out exact info, but I'll try to compare it to today's military.

Warmaster: Controls all the military.

Supreme Commander: Maybe like an Admiral or General...

Commander: Commands the Squad Leaders and other things

Subaltern: I think of them as Squad Leaders.

I really gathered all this from memory and from what I've read.

Hmm, from that point of view (not balancing) the Vong would be ideal. I say this because they don't have access to Jedi, and I think every civ (except secret, unbalanced civs) should have Jedi.

I actually do support the Vong as Secret Civ concept, but I'm not sure whether LucasArts will put too much effort into a secret civ. Then again they might. If they do I won't mind at all.

Viceroy, your posts with the 0's in are quite amusing :D

Well, the Vong may not have Jedi, but the warriors are almost equal to Jedi... almost equal. The Jedi cannot use the force against them, but the force still guides their movements.

And Voxyn kick Jedi ass <.<

I think the Vong should be a secret or bonus civ. They would be way overpowered.

Also, a new units:

The Yammosk (also called the War Coordinator) - A telepathic creature used to "coordinate" Yuuzhan Vong in battles. Later in the War, the NR found ways to detect Yammosks and to destroy its ship, causing the Yuuzhan Vong in the battle to become uncoordinated and clumsy.

Dovin Basals - Organisms used for ship movement and defense. In this case, it could be used for defense in GB (like shield generators). They manipulate Gravity, making tiny black holes, and sucking in laser/explosions. Later in the war, the NR created techniques to "confuse" the Basals and score hits against whatever the Basal is protecting. They would set their lasers to a "stuttter fire" function, then shoot a lot, then go to full power and score some hits while the Basal is absorbing the stutters.

* Vostok stews at the absurdity of something being immune to the Force *

I think the only realistic way for the Vong to be included would be as a secret civ. But what would this mean? Obviously they become unlocked at the completion of the campaigns. But would they be playable in multiplayer? I think not. They would, however, be available for single player scenarios and standard games. Perhaps they could also be optionally available for multiplayer in the same way that you can disable/enable cheats.

I know we discussed this all with the Ewok civ debate but we do have new regular posters since then...

Vostok - im with you on the 'immune to the force' thingy. Actually, im reading 'Heir to the Empire' at the moment, and there are these Salami things that create a force-empty bubble around them. But how can they exist in the force and yet by force-empty? And dont even get me started on the Vong not being in the force, that is just so stupid its not funny.

Getting back to the post, i would allow the Vong to be in single-player scenarios, multi-player with uman vs computer, and also multiplayer human vs human ONLY if all of those playing agreed to allow them.

Ysalmari (I may have still misspelled it) are not immune to the Force. They project a "Force bubble" that suppresses the Force as a defense against vornskrs (I don't think I spelled that right either). I'm sure it will be revealed in due time why the Vong are invisble to the Force.

The Yuuuzhan Vong Are NOT immune to the force they simply exist on a different plane of the force would you say perhaps the ultra violet light does not exist because you cannot see it. If a jedi properly trained in the force by properly i mean by Vegree style they can see the Yuuzhan Vong and also by the gaps in the force. Yslmiri PUSH the force away from themselves the jedi can sense them but usually when they are in pain.

The Vong Can Be Affected By The force say if a jedi used it to throw a rtock at a vong. It would still hit or use the force to increase the pressure in the air and kill the vong like i've said they are not immune to the force. They merley exist on a higher plane of the force if a jedi trains to that goal they can sense the vong.

Archived