Home

Jedi in Siege?

Kagami

Heyho..can anyone clarify with me if there's going to be a limit of jedis in siege mode? Since I don't want to be in a server full of jedis..makes the jedis lose its *exclusiveness* right? So I hope it'll be more of like 3 jedis only or something..:jawa

If there isn't a limit as a default, I bet there will be a cvar to set the amount of players per job type allowed. I too don't really want to see everyone in my team running around with a lightsaber pretending to be a real jedi or something and then lose because my team wasn't being very tactical.

The Demo readme file indicates that Jedi will be available in Siege, but that's about all we know for sure.

I *thought* (correct me if I'm wrong) that Raven said at one point that other classes will be needed to complete certain maps. If not, it would seem that certain classes make winning a lot easier, so an all Jedi team would have problems.

Let's think about it logically though, if Jedi are for example not allowed to use big guns, then they will have a severe disadvantage against a team that does include some gunners. Think "supporting fire." Also we don't know if vehicle riding will be limited based on class (we have seen Jedi riding Speeder bikes in MP shots, that's about it). If they can't drive AT-ST's that would further hamper their abilities.

Kurgan....you always beat me to answers argggg !!!!!!!!!!! ^_^ Anyways, back to answering the question, in view of ravens history in the MP world I doub't that they included an "easy GUI" toggle, but its prob in the server command list, like in JO and limiting force powers in servers,

Hope that helped,

-VanishingVision

Well, the game is called JEDI Academy, and the greatest focus is on combat with the LIGHT SABER...at least is SP. So, yes, most people in Siege will play Jedi, for better or for worse. Perhaps you will be able to force the first player to join, or something, to be a certain class, if that is needed for victury. Perhaps you can have Jedi and Merc teams, with an option to force new players to join a certain team to maintain a balance.

Archived