Home

anyone else tried editing?

ImmolatedYoda

in light of the recent Call of Duty demo and the slew of mods for it already, i was wondering if anybody has tried editing the JA demo? it doesnt seem too terribly different from JO, except for the .sab files and they have a separate .npc for each group of NPCs. ive tried several times to play the demo with a new pk3 in the GameData folder, but every time the startup has given me a "Corrupted pk3" error. whether this is the games fault or the fault of WinRAR (which i use to make pk3s, worked fine with JO), i have no idea.

on adding models/skins to the customization options, for color changing pieces of clothing, it looks like they have to be PNGs and have the area you want to change color white.

with animations (for those who know about changing them for JO) is it any different with JA? i have no knowledge about this, but its been touted as a great new modable thing.

share your thoughts/comments here.

I think they did that on purpose to prevent editing of the Demo.

Although I guess you could try replacing files with the same names in the original PK3 (make a backup first!).

I don't think you can though, you can play around with cheats and change the config files though.

Originally posted by Kurgan

I think they did that on purpose to prevent editing of the Demo.

Although I guess you could try replacing files with the same names in the original PK3 (make a backup first!).

I don't think you can though, you can play around with cheats and change the config files though.

yeah, that thought crossed my mind and.....:mad:. oh well, at least we can get an idea of what maybe can be done with the full version.

all demos on Q3 engine have a piece of code that is only enacted if #ifdef DEMO_PAK is true, which checks for the pk3 crc versus a hardcoded value. Unless you actually modify the demo executable, it will not accept modified files.

Archived