Home

Anyone else not gonna download or play the demo?

Solarn'Gar

Don't get me wrong, I'm REALLY looking forward to Sept 17th, and I was looking forward to the demo, that was until I learned that it contained 2 SP missions from the ACTUAL game. The beauty of the JO demo was that the mission was indepentent from the game, and didn't spoil the full release.

I don't want this demo. Cause when I get the full game on the 17th, it will be a completely new and complete experiance, and I will not be bored already with 2 of the missions that I would have played to death on the demo.

I wanna be a JA virgin on the 17th.

I want all the saber fighting to be new.

I wanna customize my character for the full game.

I wanna mod it to my own tastes.

And I want all the puzzles and secrets to be new, unknown and unsolved.

And.....well......all I can say is that I want the FULL release NOW!!!! hahahaha

:cool:

I just got in from a weekend away (not 'fun' ... doing chores around my very sick father-in-law's all weekend with a 4 hour drive on either side ... at leastt the kids got a little time with their grandfather ...)

Anyway, I saw on TheForce.Net it was out and started downloading before I checked whether it was from the game.

OK, so it is, and my other computer is probably done by now. So what do I do?

1. I'm not going to play the demo. I'll delete it from the computer.

2. I'm leaving the forums - just the topics reek of possible spoilers.

3. I'll not read 'reviews' coming out 2 weeks before shipping ... like GameRanger's 70% ...

In short, I'll just stick to NWN for a couple of weeks.

See you all then ...

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

Just a 'bump' ... wondering if anyone else has resisted? I've unsubscribed from all but two threads here ... So I can get messages and view this without checking the general threads.

I've kept 'virgin' so far ... anyone else?

Mike

Oh Mike, I tried, oh how I did try. But so far I have only played the very beginning of one of the levels, just to try out the different lightsabers. But now I think I'm going to finish the demo :( because it is so damn fun! :D

And Mike, that review is way to low in my opinion. If you loved JO and don't care that everything isn't some revolutionary new feature, you're going to love JA...

Sometimes i wish i hade more patience but i always end up checking stuff out anyways , to let you know the levels in the demo dont really spoil alot of the story or anything. They just get you used to character options and the 2 new styles, im sure the lvls will probably take on a different meaning when playing connected with the story . Im just trying not to overplay it so as to get bored with it before the game comes out , more power to the non downloaders though.

As soon as I saw "Jadi Academy demo out!" on the main page (not sure what the headline really was, think it was something like that anyway) I downloaded it like in a haze. I didn't know what I did. Honestly. I just wanted to play the game! Guess I'm not the most patient guy here around.

Anyway, the demo has got 2 maps out of what is it? Like 26... Still got 24 maps left, and the ones in the demo are short and not very difficult.

True, I now know the lightsaber system, but I still had a great time learning it, even though it was in a demo in a small spaceport on Tatooine and some previously unknown planet called "Chandrila".

Oh well, just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by Prime

Oh Mike, I tried, oh how I did try. But so far I have only played the very beginning of one of the levels, just to try out the different lightsabers. But now I think I'm going to finish the demo :( because it is so damn fun! :D

And Mike, that review is way to low in my opinion. If you loved JO and don't care that everything isn't some revolutionary new feature, you're going to love JA...

You're worthless and weak, Prime ;):D

I scanned that review ... and as toms mentions in the review thread, reviews are opinions. I found it an unsatisfying review from a content standpoint, not very well written. I'll gladly take contrary arguments well said ... that wasn't. I though the PC Zone article was much better written.

Mike

Archived