Home

Bounty Hunters

Roo'edi

I just wanted to see, from the people that are working towards Master Bounty Hunter, where are you putting your left over skill points?

I was orginally thinking of going with Ranger skills. But after getting to Wayfaring III I'm not seeing that I'm much faster then my friend who only has the scout skills. Trapping is useless in PvP and against NPC's. The only benefit is the camp kits.

I know there are tons of creature handlers out there but after much debate and thought I've decided that's the best way to go, from a PvP and solo standpoint. I was going to focus on the first tree of creature handler, I think it's the one that allows you to tame viscious creatures. Taking that to III and keeping ranger skills with the camp kit line to II. This will give me the second best camp in the game.

I solo all the time, I feel that's the only way a bounty hunter can really hone their skills. I'm not part of a PA nor do I desire to be in one. I feel this is the best path to take that will still allow me to progress.

What path are you taking?:fett:

well. im not really going master bh but i have found the best way to go if you like pistols. first of all you need master scout and master marksman. then get all pistoleer skills and then all bh pistol skills. just last night i finally got stopping shot. all i can say is.. awesome. over 1000 dmg with one shot. but i hear eye shot is better and that is in bh skills. bh also increases pistol speed and accuracy. after all that you have 13 skill points left over. im thinking of using those on light lightning cannon specialization 1 2 and 3.

I'm doing about 1k dmg on average now with my LCC. The most I've hit so far is about 2500. I just got the first ability shot with it last night but I haven't used it yet.

Torso shot (pistol BH skill) is awesome. I got shot with that in PvP and went down in about 8 seconds. It sets you on fire and eats your health away.

that is the one im thinking of then, torso shot. it was the one that makes you catch on fire. yeah i heard it is real nasty. and lcc is light lightning cannon right? too bad i cant get specialization 4 in that i will be 1 skill point short.

by the way... your not the roo i used to play counter strike with are you?

I am working toward master BH. After checking out my left over skill points, I am doing some medical. What better to have for those long excursions.

I currently have:

Novice Medic

First Aid IV

Diags III

Pharm I

Organic IV

I will have to give up some of these skills to make Master BH, but I am keeping:

Novice Medic

FA III (heals)

Organic III (with Organic III you can make wound packs to heal any type of wound, all pack As with Health and Action pack B).

I think this will work out well.

:fett:

I thought about keeping Medic too, but that's 15 points for Novice Medic alone. I'm currently at First Aid II, Diagnostics III, Pharmacology II, and Organic Chemistry IV. Just seems like an excesive amount of skill points to have when you can better yourself in other areas.

At least thats how I see it.

i too am workin toward BH. I'm still on the scouting and marksman, i still dont see how a BH needs scout skills that much, maybe if they like had to master trapping, or something. anyway, i plan on keeping business 3 so i can keep a vendor, then im debating on either climbin as far as i can on the medic tree, or CH tree.

Questions for BH: I'm havin trouble with the pistol xp for the last of the pistol tree, any suggestions? same with trappin and survival, i know buildin traps and camps now count as survival.

When that skill goes in I'll think about it. I'm sure by the time it's put into the game I'll have a ton of scouting experiance saved up for it. Ranger was the way I was thinking of going but I'm not seeing much need for it in PvP at the present time.

Archived