Home

Anyone have any idea why I cant burn the DEMO onto a cd ?

EvilKnick

Last night i went to this guys house to burn it for me since i have a 56k,....we burned it 3 times successfully, on WIN XP, and every one of the CD'S says "JEDIACADEMYDEMO has caused an error in JEDIACADEMYDEMO" when you try to run the install program from the disc.

So I come home and wait for my 17hr 56k download to complete.

I wake up and its finally downloaded today, the installation runs fine, and Ive beaten the demo about 5 times today with the different saber techniques.

I just tried to burn my own personal install program, so i can take it to my friends house, and when i checked the program on the new CD, it gives ME THE SAME ERROR AGAIN !

Is there some sort of security protocol or something so you cant burn a demo ?

I dont get it, anyone have a similar problem on here by chance ? :(

Originally posted by Valo

try using a CDR-W and format the cd then just drag the JediAcademydemo.exe file into the disc drive window.

It's probably because you have packet writing software on Windows XP that isn't compatible with the computer you are trying to install it to.

* Make sure you close the disc so that you can use it on another computer

* If the above doesn't work or you don't know how to do it in Windows XP, get a real burning program such as Nero Burning ROM (you can get a demo at http://www.nero.com) and burn it to CD that way.

Originally posted by EvilKnick

every one of the CD'S says "JEDIACADEMYDEMO has caused an error in JEDIACADEMYDEMO" when you try to run the install program from the disc.

So the disc burns fine andyou're having a problem installing the demo from the CD?

Why not try dragging the .exe file from the cd onto your hard drive and installing it from there. If the installer's trying to write to the .exe file which is on the cd, that'll be your problem.

Also, it is the setup exe file you've burnt isn't it? Not just copied over the files/folders from an installed demo?

Hope this helps...

B.

Archived