Home

Chopping People up?

kenad

Yup.

My page (at the bottom of the Lightsaber section) tells how to do that, works in multiplayer as well.

You can turn on "g_saberrealisticcombat 1" as well, but that is SP only (IIRC) and it's different... it actually makes a simple touch of the idle saber deadly.

The above dismember commands I prefer, because they just make the killing blow virtually guarenteed to cut off somebody, if you set them high enough (like 300). In 1.04 they can be used in MP and they won't crash the game.

Originally posted by Kurgan

Yup.

My page (at the bottom of the Lightsaber section) tells how to do that, works in multiplayer as well.

You can turn on "g_saberrealisticcombat 1" as well, but that is SP only (IIRC) and it's different... it actually makes a simple touch of the idle saber deadly.

The above dismember commands I prefer, because they just make the killing blow virtually guarenteed to cut off somebody, if you set them high enough (like 300). In 1.04 they can be used in MP and they won't crash the game.

I was just about to say that. But then I saw your post:p .

Hey, Kurgan. I havent tried it but on my other comp I have 1.03. Can I still set my g_saberrealisticcomabt 1 command to 300 and or above. And be able to use it in MP. Or does the mod not support the command? Like it will say in the top left. Unknown cmd 'g_saberrealisticcomabt 1'. Thanks for your help:)

Supposedly the dismemberment in MP was unstabled until 1.04, so sorry.

Really there is no reason to hang onto 1.03. 1.04 is much better.

You get the first person lightsaber option, better saber handling, the saberdamagescale 1-3 console cvar for Duels/CTF, etc.

Plus it has fewer bug exploits than 1.03. Yeah, I miss being able to do the mid-air lunge, but it's a small price to pay for the other fixes.

Of course 1.04 doesn't even touch SP, so if that's all you play, then 1.03 is good enough...

Archived