Home

Droid Racer

epikon

hi, im thinking of starting a total conversion for JK3 when its out. Im very experienced with the Q3 engine and the like. Im planning on making a race mod, but with droids. This mod is not meant to be a serious its just a fun mod. The only ties im planning to have for this mod with the SW universe are the planets spiecies, none of the main characters will be in, apart from R2D2 and C3PO. Its just a idea, a idea i know i can get working, what do you guys think. Any ideas, or support will be great. Anyone who has experience with the Q3 engine plz tell me if they want to help.

Also if you own mohaa headover to the latest mod im helping in http://www.modern-warfare.com

basically its for the star wars fans who want to play some fun games. You race droids through about 5 tracks, different droids are armed with different weapons and if i can i will make it so you can customize your own for MP.

If none like the idea give me a mod idea etc. Has to be a fun mod not serious.

Also maybe a arena style map, or duel or power duels. How about a point system you kill or win to get points get points to trade into the local hutt for Republic Credits and with that you can buy weapons, droid looks, engine etc

i could easily get droids running around on maps. Im finishing off my first "Feature" list soon. Seeing as me and a friend of mine got a blackhawk in game for http://www.modern-warfare.com i may be able to get a few ships in like the falcon and ravens claw. I will have to look into it. And im thinking up a plan to make a sort of point system get points from winning races online to spend on upgrades weapons and the like. And maybe a official league i will have to see what is legal and what is not. If a acount system isnt illegal on the Q3 engine i will make one. Login to play and trade and sell weapons and the like.

Well, in my experiance, racing mods for FPS' tend to have poor 'artifical inertia', but this one might be different. If you wanna do it, by all means go for it, but there I think that there are some cooler things you could make a mod of (matrix kung fu, real swordplay a la 3 musketeers...)

And for you naysayers: it's free. What have you got to lose?

What about a speeder (swoop) bike race? Since they are in JA, it shouldn't be too difficult. Some customizable bikes would be cool. Maybe kinda experience system where you earn credits and buy new parts for your bike. I think that would be more fun than a druid racer and would appeal to a greater audience. Speeder Bikes ROCK! :D

tbh matrix sword fighting arent real mods they just use different models and textures no real scripting unlike this mod. Plz JA demo type playermodel or player model not sure then R2D2 that will basically be the movement not forgetting binds which allow you to preform quick moves. And one basic blaster and one explosive weapon.

I'd go for Swoop Racer.

Some more ideas:

Tracks need lotsa shortcuts (or alternate routes).

Powerups on the tracks.

- increase of speed

- force field/shield around the bike, that knocks off opponents

-force field gen. when dropped, creates and obstacle for opponents

Guns:

- front blaster

- EMP rear gun, that slows down opponents

Damn, I'd really feel like playing that ;)

Ok ive drawn up some features which wil go on the mod site.

10 Pliot Models and swoop bike cases to choose from.

Race on 7 courses from the sands of tatooine too the snow covered montains on the hoth system.

Trade, sell or buy weapons, from mounted heavy blasters to cause heavy damage to your opponents bike, or pull out a random hand baster to knock your opponents off thier bikes.

Compete with up to 12 people online.

Win races, and recieve credits to buy new power converters, weapons and engine.

Ok now im looking for some modellers, mappers, skinners and one or two more scripters (as im a very good experianced scripter myself makign a drivable helecopter for mohaa :D).

Im also looking for sound techs (to make sound affects which need adding), webmasters, and some trusted forum moderators. Again if you want to apply or if you have a simple question/idea email me or pm me on MSN the5id@hotmail.com

ok about the the forum moderators/admins for the swoop racing forums, if you are currently a mod for this forum or any other big one and have in intrest on getting on the team but cant mod just email me.

ok Iridium77 your ideas are great you are welcome on the team if you can mod if not you can be a forum mod/admin as i think you will do a good job.

Archived