Home

JediAcademy looks familiar

Dest

and why does that require access to the render? So it can be done very quickly?

Well, there's a downside to simply using verticies, they can result in clipping errors. With my proposed system, the clothing models would use ghoul2 collision detection and not clip very often.

It can be done quickly, and as Dest said - you can attach two of the vertices (or more) to some Ghoul2 tags, just like you've done in the past Razor, so I think you could do it pretty fast.

I know you can draw the triangle mesh using trap_R_AddPoly (well, the function LOOKs like that ... i think), my only concern is that it is vertex lit, like the models.

Dest, I've used quaternions before in my model rendering/animation playback program, just hop over to #jkacoding and we can talk 'bout stuff.

Originally posted by Dest

Dest has returned.

JediAcademy seems very similiar to JediOutcast... doesn't seem like they even added many new animations. I guess moding it will be the same as modding JediOutcast though.

I have such an awesome mod planned for it if raven added the ability to move bones around in code. If they didn't then I have nothing.

If I get the game I'd like to get in on the OpenJedi thing.

Also is it just me or does JediAcademy just seem like a polished single player version of JediMod?

I get the impression that they took elements from the best mods from JO, i.e Jedimod + ForceMod and slapped a price tag on it. Their are claims that Raven had come up with these ideas along time ago but the similarities between JA and the JO mods are more than coincidental IMO !

Well, I beleive they had similar ideas because they were good ideas and was what the public wanted. It's kind of like putting windshield wipers on a car. It was the obvious next step. Now, if say, someone had invented a three bladed lightsaber and then Raven used in JKA, then you'd have something to complain about.

Archived