Home

GF HL Mod

James Isaac

OK. Cool (but no need for the 5 replies ;) )

But now I am a bit worried after hearing about otehr people who have tried to make stuff that infringes LucasArts copyrights. Apparently they find out very quickly and send you a cease and decist letter. So I don't know how easy it will be to do this project. If we even get through the development, we will probably get shut down as soon a Lucas hear about it.

I know we won't be selling it, but lucasArts are really stroppy about people making fan games and stuff. Even if they are non profit. This guy got sent a letter because he was making a Star Wars mod. They are just mean.

But, I'll still try it anyway. And voices would be good.

I made a sub forum in my forums to talk about the GF HL mod. You can find it here(at the bottom of the forum list).

sorry for the 6 replies, the computer was slow...

But i dont think lucasarts can shut the project down..

I mean we arent gonna send emails about the mod and stuff like that, so if they never gets to know about it, they cant shut it dwon

sorry for the crappy english,

yeah,

But skip that lets tallk about the game:

Ít should be fun to have levels on famous places in the game,

Petrified Forest-

Rubacava-(Hard to make!)

Edge of the world-(Imagine shooting on people from that conveyour belt.

El Marrow-( with some pan de muertos to beat up other palyers with

The weapons should also be from the game..

Sproutella gun-(of course

Scythe

Hand to hand combat weapon should be Pan de muertos

Is the mod a game like counter strike (you know, shoot people) or is it going to be a different kind of game

The game is going to be where you shoot people. And I might make it so you don't actually play Manny. You play the game as someone else, like maybe Domino, and then we can have more shooting, a new interesting story, and inclusion of more weapons that weren't seen.

Yeah, possible weapon array in HL format:

1: Scythe, Bone

2: Sproutella pistol

3: Sproutella Machine Gun

4: Sproutella RPG

5: Sproutella Grenade, Sproutella Detonateable Bomb

What do you think of that?

There's a BF1942 mod called "Galactic Conquest" (its Star Wars) which is up and running fine and downloadable, so either LEC hasn't heard of it or they just don't care. So forget about LEC shutting it down.

I could help you somewhere, I've done editing/skinning for the Jedi Knight series and Neverwinter Nights (rpg); so I'm sure HL won't be too much of a prob.

Archived