Home

Mind Tricking 'surfaces'?

txa1265

Sorry if I missed this, I scanned three pages and didn't find it.

As part of my 'light Jedi' campaign, I was thrilled to read in the manual that level 2 or 3 mind trick could be used as a 'distract' for enemies who haven't seen you. Often that just won't work because of enemy placement, but there have been several times when I've heard them talking, and wanted to distract them, turn off my saber and walk through. But it never seems to really work. I got one to say 'did you hear something', but the other three started blasting me.

Any ideas for me? I actually went back and restarted the game with a more balanced approach ...

Thanks,

Mike

The thing with mindtricking surfaces is that you get all nearby guards to look in the direction of the point your targeted, and thus you can sneak right by them. Of course, you can't get too close either or they'll be able to hear you. Make sure you get all the enemies to look in the direction - perhaps by mindtricking some of those further away (its range is quite good).

It does work, but requires some planning.

What I meant is that I wanted to trick the guard himself to have it fight with me (at lvl 3 it's possible) so I have to target him for that. And it's not possible to target him while he's under (and through) the grid... the target doesn't turn red and he's not "hit" by the power...

ebelleudy

Originally posted by ebelleudy

What I meant is that I wanted to trick the guard himself to have it fight with me (at lvl 3 it's possible) so I have to target him for that. And it's not possible to target him while he's under (and through) the grid... the target doesn't turn red and he's not "hit" by the power...

ebelleudy

He was addressing my question. I'll have to keep trying ... for my XLS (extreme light side ;) ) approach, I don't want to rack up the huge body count.

Mike

I agree Mike! I went through the game in SP as strictly light side -though with the extra missions I am a Master at drain too. It was fun to use em npc's as pets, and it is fun to watch em shoot it out too! Plus, there are some cool gunners in there suceptible to mind trick which can hold their own against reborns too! Fun!! :) As someone said , the distance on mind trick is awesome! I would crouch or walk through the missions and once my reticle turns red, BAM! I mind trick em and watch em kill each other, lol! So I did rack up a body count, just never got my hands too bloody in the process! :) BTW, just finished the game today, and imho, it was as wild and as fun a ride as JO! :) Now all we need is to refine multiplayer!

EDIT:

Oh and about surfaces, I was able to mindtrick through see-through surfaces, as for crates and stuff no luck.

Archived