Home

is it a rumor

DreadPirate

i started a clan map when i got ja...and was almost done with the basic layout when i was told that it would be best just to put it on the shelf until a new map editing tool comes out....well i looked everywhere for info on this new mapping program and have not seen anything of the sort...so does anyone know if this is true or just a rumor...if it is true then could you maybe give me a site where you found this info...if not...i guess i will post here with lots of questions...oh and one more thing...shaders...any tutorials out there for those...cause i always seem to have difficulties with them

DP

Originally posted by gothicX

There are ZILLIONS of threads on this, a new version of Radiant will be released with the toolset, which will be released in one o two weeks, probably. And shortly after that, there'll be an updated GTK.

Yeah..but with the search feature disabled now...

well..i guess i should say sry bout the stupid question...but i have way to many more...so i will just wait till i am totally finished then apologize for all of them at once...so second stupid question is ...should i even bother working on my map with the GTKRadiant i have (1.3.11 beta) and switch the map over with the new editing tools...or just wait till the new stuff arrives...

DP

keep working on map but dont bother with enities, jus use custom textures, any textures u have from jka ( copy to jo folder with shaders ) and just keep to map basics, atm any maps im thinking about making for jka are built in chaulk ready to move over when new compiler is out to get finished :) as far as i know most maps work from jk2 in jka with a few lighting issues and entity values have changed a little but best to play it safe i guess :D

ty for the reply...so next stupid question...what about terrain..i heard they did some stuff different there...i would like to add some and it is a pain in the ... in radiant now...will that also be taken care of if you know..and where would i put shader questions...thanks alot for your help

DP

check this out, its for jk2... but you could switch some stuff around for JA (thanks rgoer)

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106198

Its tought at first... but when you learn it, its a peice of cake (ok not really, i still have trouble, but its soooooo worth learning about.... youll kick your self if you dont learn it, trust me!

Originally posted by DreadPirate

ty for the reply...so next stupid question...what about terrain..i heard they did some stuff different there...i would like to add some and it is a pain in the ... in radiant now...will that also be taken care of if you know..and where would i put shader questions...thanks alot for your help

DP

There is a new terrain tool coming out for JA, probably with the tools, but I forgot what it was called:(

Archived