Home

An option to enable Jedi Outcast playstyle would be nice...

derekdrygon

I would like to see an option in the server setup window to make jedi academy use the basic combat model of jedi outcast. I, like many others here, dont like the changes to Jedi Academy. I would like the option to check a box at the server setup screen which would In essence make everything the same as it was in JO, with the addition of the two new styles. Add in kicks, add in the one hit kills from DFA etc. Add in the red & yellow stance left sabre flick (im sure some know what im talking about) etc. Everything that was changed in JA would go back to its previous JO settings

As a side note, I would like to complain about the fact that half of the CVAR's are write protected :( People like options, we don't want limitations put on us!!!

Hitmann_D

I agree. The style of JA seems horrible compared to JO. It's much more restrictive. I would definitely like to see DFA brought back, as well as being able to do a spin move while backslashing.

The way backslash works right now (i.e. freezing your movement until the backslash is complete) is very impractical. One of the good things about being able to spin (besides being able to hit your opponent 20 times with one move) was being able to see what's going on around you. In JA you're forced to look straight ahead while your character spins around. Hell, at least let the camera angle follow which way the character is looking.

And what about force powers? Specifically Push and Pull? There are so many jk2 clans that specialize in PP, and now all the good uses of push and pull have been taken out. It's next to impossible to knock someone down with push or pull now.

And finally, kick. This double-spacebar to kick thing is killing me. Pull-Kick was probably one of the most devastating moves in the game, and now it's pretty much worthless unless you frantically hit the spacebar a couple times after using Pull, and even then you're lucky if you actually get to kick the person.

I hope they release a patch that makes this more like jk2. I guarantee everyone would prefer it over the way things are right now.

NEWS FLASH: THIS IS A NEW GAME. YOU CANNOT PLAY ANY NEW GAME EXACTLY THE WAY YOU PLAYED ITS PREQUEL. PLEASE ACCEPT THIS FACT. PLEASE DO NOT EXPECT THE NEW GAME TO BE LIKE THE OLD ONE. IF YOU WANT TO PLAY LIKE THE LOD ONE, THEN PLAY THE OLD ONE. PLEASE DON'T COME HEREAND WHIHE. THIS IS UNLIKELY TO DO AnYTHING BESIDES MAKE THE BANDWIDTH WORSE.

Whew. That was a long caps usage. For a more constructive comment, see below:

DFA is in JA...and non-moving backslash in exactly like in Outcast...right?

I also did not believe JO style kick is in JO. As it was, kick was too powerful. It was intended to be used as a secondary weapon, sort of a second alt fire for the saber. Instead, it became the primary attack for most "competitive" players. I pray this will not happen in JA.

Please do not be offended by the large CAPS statement earlier. My diplomatic skills are lacking, please forgive my rudeness. Please let's not start flaming. I just wanted to make several statements clear.

I'm fully aware that it's a new game. I'm saying LucasArts is going to be turning away a lot of veteran players if they keep things the way they are. I mean, tell me some things you actually LIKE about multiplayer right now. The only thing I like over JO is the fact that we have dual-bladed and double sabers.

Due to the fact that I have no kick, no dfa (as in old, JO dfa), no ability to move around during backslash, and no ability to knock people down with push or pull, I'm forced to run around and swing my saber like a freaking noob all day long until I kill someone. Where is the skill in that? Wouldn't you rather be able to polish your PP skills and learn how to efficiently kill people with an actually STRATEGY? I sure would...

NEWS FLASH THEY JUST TOOK THE JEDI OUTCAST BUILD AND MADE A FEW CHANGES, IT IS THE SAME BUILD AND THE SAME GAME WITH A FEW THINGS ALTERED.

SAME EXACT GUNS

SAME EXACT SABERS

SAME EXACT POWERS

SAME EXACT GAME PLAY DYNAMICS

NEWS FLASH ONLY NEW CONTENT OTHER THAN THE MAPS AND MODELS ARE:

ONE YES ONLY ONE NEW GUN

TWO NEW STANCES WITH EVEN LESS SWINGS AND COMBOS THAN THE OLD SINGLE STANCE THAT IS EXACTLY LIKE IT WAS IN JEDI OUTCAST

SOME NERFS TO A FEW POWERS THAT *GASP ARE EXACTLY LIKE THE WERE IN JEDI OUTCAST

Caps is annoying huh?

;)

Wake up sheep, same build, same weapons, same powers, same sabers, a few nerfs and one gun and two stances = 85% the same thing with a new name.

Originally posted by Sith Dracus

Due to the fact that I have no kick, no dfa (as in old, JO dfa), no ability to move around during backslash, and no ability to knock people down with push or pull,

SO bassically, you're pissed because you dont have any cheap moves? Push and pull still knock people down, i get thrown on the floor quite regularly by it. One of the lamest things i found in JO was the fact that if you played with the "good" players, instead of getting sabered, you got hauled up close and just constantly kicked. Dont get me started on the people whoul would backslash and swing the mouse around like a crackhead with parkinsons. DFA i didnt have a problem with, and pus/pull knocking down is ok, but this is a new game, and you have to thing from the business perspective. If you were desinging a new product, why would you want to spend more time and money, putting more info on possibly a 3rd disc, just so a bunch of people could play your previouse game, with 2 different weapons?

I agree with derek

I am a pretty heavy yellow dueler and I have noticed a change has taken place in yellow stance and this affects me a lot. This is the move that looks like the character takes the saber and makes the saber go in a circle like pattern. This move was done in jk2 by doing left then (circle move is this next move) upleft. The new upleft doesn't allow this move and it is REALLY slow. THe combos are too close to reds speed and not enough on the damage spectrum to make it worthwhile.

I would really like this move put back in, it isn't cheap, it just keeps the combos speed of yellow faster like they should be.

Originally posted by the weiner dog!

NEWS FLASH THEY JUST TOOK THE JEDI OUTCAST BUILD AND MADE A FEW CHANGES, IT IS THE SAME BUILD AND THE SAME GAME WITH A FEW THINGS ALTERED.

SAME EXACT GUNS

SAME EXACT SABERS

SAME EXACT POWERS

SAME EXACT GAME PLAY DYNAMICS

NEWS FLASH ONLY NEW CONTENT OTHER THAN THE MAPS AND MODELS ARE:

ONE YES ONLY ONE NEW GUN

TWO NEW STANCES WITH EVEN LESS SWINGS AND COMBOS THAN THE OLD SINGLE STANCE THAT IS EXACTLY LIKE IT WAS IN JEDI OUTCAST

SOME NERFS TO A FEW POWERS THAT *GASP ARE EXACTLY LIKE THE WERE IN JEDI OUTCAST

Caps is annoying huh?

;)

Wake up sheep, same build, same weapons, same powers, same sabers, a few nerfs and one gun and two stances = 85% the same thing with a new name.

Why are we all sheep? You think you are Jesus or something? :confused:

And please stop contradicting yourself. You first say "SAME EXACT GUNS", then you say "ONE NEW GUN". Please make up your mind.

Look, it's similar to Jedi Outcast. That doesn't mean you can play it like Jedi Outcast. So don't try to play it like Jedi Outcast. Treat it as you would treat any new game.

Archived