Home

Cute ways to tweak saber and how to get a throwable saberstaff

jackhammer34

Having taken a look at the Sabers files, I've managed to get a saber staff that you can throw (without turning off one blade)

Here's the saberstaff file I use (make a txt file and save it as sabername.sab in your /ext_data/sabers folder

Uber2

{

name "Uber2"

saberType SABER_STAFF

saberModel "models/weapons2/saber_dual_2/saber_dual_2.glm"

soundOn "sound/weapons/saber/saberon.wav"

soundLoop "sound/weapons/saber/saberhum4.wav"

soundOff "sound/weapons/saber/saberoff.wav"

saberLength 32

saberStyle staff

saberColor purple

numBlades 2

singleBladeStyle medium

singleBladeThrowable 0

brokenSaber1 brokenstaff

brokenSaber2 brokenstaff

twoHanded 1

maxChain -1

disarmable 0

lockBonus 5

parryBonus 5

breakParryBonus 5

disarmBonus 5

returnDamage 1

}

Note that unlike most saberstaff files, the line "throwable 0" has been deleted. this makes it default to "throwable 1" meaning you can hurl the saberstaff with both blades on. ^_^

Note that if you have "returndamage 1" the saber will continue spinning on its way back to you, rather than coming back hilt first.

Also you have to add "singleBladeThrowable 0" or the saber have the second blade deactivated when it returns to your hand. And this way, when thrown it will enter staff mode even if thrown in single saber stance.

"maxChain 1" is supposed to allow you to chain any number of attacks rahter than the default, but I haven't seen it make a significant difference in gameplay. Maybe it's because I play with saberanimspeed 1.3 :p

disarmable 0

lockBonus 5

parryBonus 5

breakParryBonus 5

disarmBonus 5

This is supposed to increase your saber performance in saber locks, parrying, and disarming, and so far I have noticed it makes the game much easier against saberwielding opponents. And yeah you cannot ever be disarmed, unless your saber is knocked for the air while thrown.

Originally posted by jackhammer34

Having taken a look at the Sabers files, I've managed to get a saber staff that you can throw (without turning off one blade)

Here's the saberstaff file I use (make a txt file and save it as sabername.sab in your /ext_data/sabers folder

Uber2

{

name "Uber2"

saberType SABER_STAFF

saberModel "models/weapons2/saber_dual_2/saber_dual_2.glm"

soundOn "sound/weapons/saber/saberon.wav"

soundLoop "sound/weapons/saber/saberhum4.wav"

soundOff "sound/weapons/saber/saberoff.wav"

saberLength 32

saberStyle staff

saberColor purple

numBlades 2

singleBladeStyle medium

singleBladeThrowable 0

brokenSaber1 brokenstaff

brokenSaber2 brokenstaff

twoHanded 1

maxChain -1

disarmable 0

lockBonus 5

parryBonus 5

breakParryBonus 5

disarmBonus 5

returnDamage 1

}

Note that unlike most saberstaff files, the line "throwable 0" has been deleted. this makes it default to "throwable 1" meaning you can hurl the saberstaff with both blades on. ^_^

Note that if you have "returndamage 1" the saber will continue spinning on its way back to you, rather than coming back hilt first.

Also you have to add "singleBladeThrowable 0" or the saber have the second blade deactivated when it returns to your hand. And this way, when thrown it will enter staff mode even if thrown in single saber stance.

"maxChain 1" is supposed to allow you to chain any number of attacks rahter than the default, but I haven't seen it make a significant difference in gameplay. Maybe it's because I play with saberanimspeed 1.3 :p

disarmable 0

lockBonus 5

parryBonus 5

breakParryBonus 5

disarmBonus 5

This is supposed to increase your saber performance in saber locks, parrying, and disarming, and so far I have noticed it makes the game much easier against saberwielding opponents. And yeah you cannot ever be disarmed, unless your saber is knocked for the air while thrown.

Do these settings work for both MP and SP game ?

Great find BTW !

i got something interesting when i put in saber dual_desann

a red saber(normal length), you can press L to alter stances like in JO, one stance includes saberstaff stance, but only once side activated. in this stance you can do the saberstaff katas, but also throw the damn thing, quite handy

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

i got something interesting when i put in saber dual_desann

a red saber(normal length), you can press L to alter stances like in JO, one stance includes saberstaff stance, but only once side activated. in this stance you can do the saberstaff katas, but also throw the damn thing, quite handy

Was dual_desann a custom saber or is it already in-game?

Another way of throwing a saber staff with both blades extended is to quickly turn off one blade and throwing it immediately after you hear the "blade collapse" sound - The staff will fly through the air with both blades doing damage and return to your hand, although you need to turn on the second blade again to use it like normal. :D

Like so:

:dsaber: ----> change stance/turn off + throw -----> :trooper: = :skul1: ----> returns to your hand like this: :saberr:

Archived