Home

Talkie MI 1 + 2?

Anomonous Guy

Hi, i know this is a bit ambitious, but i feel that it is possible...

OK here is my idea, we should *somehow* use the original MI games and somehow record voices over them.. This would be quite interesting, although it would be a very hard thing to do and someone experienced in programming would need to do the whole programming things... I dont know how this would be as far as the law of distributing the games would be, but maybe it would be a good idea for LEC to do if not us?

I disagree. The first problem is that we already have voices for the main characters and how they talk in our heads from CMI/EMI, and no fan voice artist could replicate them exactly as in the games. There's also the technical side of it which would take a long time to do. And finally, the sheer amount of lines that'd need to be recorded would be ridiculous - I can't see ANYBODY doing them all for free unless they have the heart of a saint.

So in short, it's an unrealistic and impossibly difficult goal to achieve. Copywrite would be a huge problem as you've already mentioned, so the best idea would be for LucasArts to do it. However, I doubt it will happen and I'm not really sure it SHOULD happen. After all, classic games should be left how they are - modernizing them would ruin them.

One of the main reasons I loved the first two games was because you could interpret the dialogue however you wanted, so guybrush could maybe say something in a certain way that would make it mjore entertaining for me, whereas someone else may interpret it differently, and still love it. To have voices woulkd be to define the dialogue, and it wouldn't be as fun as we'd all be saying, 'well yeah, but it may have been better if he'd said the same line this way'.

Just my two cents

One of the main reasons I loved the first two games was because you could interpret the dialogue however you wanted, so guybrush could maybe say something in a certain way that would make it mjore entertaining for me, whereas someone else may interpret it differently, and still love it. To have voices woulkd be to define the dialogue, and it wouldn't be as fun as we'd all be saying, 'well yeah, but it may have been better if he'd said the same line this way'.

Perfectly stole every word I had. Well done.

Archived