Home

New editions

GForce

2 years, eh?

Not to be rude or anything but if you think SWG is only going to be around for 2 more years, your insane :D

Actually it is very likely that SWG will be around for 4 or even 5 years, based upon the success of other soe mmorgs alone not to mention the countless things they could add to the game as the years go by, my 2 cents

You think so? I figured the game would only be around for 2 more years because after vehicles and mounts are out there wouldnt be much more to add. But when you are able to free roam in space and get into X-Wing combat, that is a different story. And I heard they will be adding a ton of new things like new planets, new weapons, new species, and more proffesions. If there is anything Im missing please tell me.

Two year's? How long has everquest been out now?

Not to mention, how well the game is doing right now. None of the other's has had a start up like this one has, and new people start playing this game everyday. I think this game will be around for a very long time. I would not be surprised to see this game going into the ESB time frame, and maybe even ROJ.

GForce wrote:

Basically the game will be around for another 2 years, As soon as vehicles and mounts come out the game will gain a lot off popularity and just to top it all off space expansion will come soon after!

I see this game having the popularity of EverQuest. Two years is way too short a lifespan. Yes EverQuest II is coming shortly but I don't see Star Wars Galaxies II coming, the current one has graphics and a game engine much more advanced.

Everquest launched in May or June of 1999 and is still going strong. The last major expansion was September (2002) with so far two smaller downloadable expansions so far this year.

:fett:

I agree to years is way to short for a game of this magnetude, if SOE seriosly thought it would be only around for 2 years, it wouldn't be profitable to produce. and like the previos post reads, everquest is VERY popular even now.

Logically not everybody playing will continue playing till it shuts down, but more ppl will always be joining the game, as well.

• 2 weeks later...

My bet is that galaxies will be around for a while more after the space expansion comes out we will be satisfied for around 6 months, then a large patch will come out with more guns, ships etc... watever we really need, then another expansion will come out including planets, ships, etc and we will be even happier then we start to get bored in around 6 months a year- galaxies 2 will come out, almost like everquest

This game will be around a long time. Their is a lot they can add. I mean they are adding a new planet in ep. III ( go to TheForce.net, they have a lot of spoiler's about what is going to be in the movie ), and they have not added half the planet's that are in the Star Wars univeres. Their are also all kind's of job's to add. I do not know how it would work, but I am surpised you can not be a dentist.

One thing I would like to see, but is something I do not think you will every see because of what it would take to program it, is instead of joining the Rebal's and running around, doing your own thing, I think their should be an option to realy join the Rebal's. I am in the army and I can not just go do want I want to do. That would be kind of nice to alway's travel from planet to planet with the Rebal's alway's hiding from the empire.

Another thing is I think we should be able to dictate more of what happen's in game. What I mean is like Talus for example. The imp base their is alway's being raided. I think it would be cool to keep track of the time's and the stuff that happen on the Base's and even town's, and when they see the imp's have taken over a a reb base and/or town, or when the reb.'s have done it to imp's alot of time's, then on a big patch they add that that town or base has been taken over or destroyed by the other fraction. That would give both fraction's something else to do. they can alway's add more base's and bigger army's to them new base's.

Archived