Home

Unit analysis

Lord JayVizIon

i got this from mrfixitonline.com. apparently, the wookies have the best upgrades, but here goes an excerpt i borrowed which should give you guys ideas about strenghts and weaknesses of each. this is subject to change however.

Here is a quick run through on the six civs and what techs they are strong in at the present time. Since the game is not on the shelves yet this information is subject to change at the discrestion of LucasArts:

Troops Mechs Sea Air Jedi

Rebel Alliance 2 5 4 1 3

Galactic Empire 2 1 5 4 3

Trade Federation 3 1 2 5 4

Royal Naboo 4 5 2 1 3

Gungan 3 2 1 4 5

Wookie 1 3 4 2 5

(1= very good , 5 = not so good)

Guest Tie Guy

Yes, but i wonder why the alliance has such bad mechs.

Also, the wookies have pretty good air units, i wonder wht they're like.

Guest Tie Guy

Yeah, but what do the environments really have to do with a srategy guide. They could have a map or something, but they should a play relatively similar.

I wonder how many missions there will be for each civ.

Guest Master Yoda

I never had the AOK strategy guide either but I did have the origanol aoe,rise of rome strategy guide and it was pretty big..

If they do put out a guide I probably wont get it, I like to do things MY way!!:D

Guest Tie Guy

Hello Master Yoda.

I don't know about srategy guides, but the biggest instruction manual i've ever seen belongs to Rebellion. That thing is heavy. :D

Guest Master Yoda

Ive never played rebellion before, is it worth buying?? Ive looked at pics and read some stuff on it but thats it, wish there was a demo of it out!!

Rebellion is cool if you like micro managing and no flashy graphics. All the ground battles happen real quick and the space battles are pretty bad ( I usually just have the comp. fight it for me). Playing a game usually takes a lot longing then I would like to play the game for but I don't regret buying it.

I liked the poster it came with showing all the ships! The book is THE thickest book for any SW game yet (I think)

Guest Master Yoda

Ive got AOK and the Conquerors expansion, so im not hurting in the way of rts games... I might get just to add it to my collection of SW games if nothing else.

Originally posted by Com Raven

Believe me, there are dozens, if not hundreds of strategys for AoK and it's different civs !!

Things like the feudal rush ,the town centre rush and so on ...

It's a real great game, the best rts in me humble opinion !!

I agree, although I didn't like the 1.0b patch, the Goths are too strong.

And I prefer White Snow. Sorry, I know this is off topic but I had to realease my ... *rage :mad:* :p: :p:

Archived