Home

Video Walkthrough Site

Andy867

As the title suggests, I am making a website that will have video walkthroughs, a few of which are done and being converted, however, getting the compression down wont be an easy task. I am currently trying to provide 2 versions that will allow for small, low-quality yet follow-through tactics, and high-quality, broadband enabled downloadable movies.

However, my webmastering skills are definitely not one of my strong points, so I am kind of asking for help in getting an easy to follow yet professional-looking website up that can mimic the same quality like JK.net since they are going to be my hosting site. Please send potential website layouts to dmccarthy100@charter.net and how often you can update the site, and being able to use PHP like the news script I have is a plus.

Nice, can't wait to see them. :)

But instead of making a whole new site, why not put them up at the Outcast Strategy site or whatever it's re-named to now ??

I'd have a go if i knew PHP, i know basic HTML...maybe i could learn PHP....who knows. :D

Originally posted by Tesla

Nice, can't wait to see them. :)

But instead of making a whole new site, why not put them up at the Outcast Strategy site or whatever it's re-named to now ??

I'd have a go if i knew PHP, i know basic HTML...maybe i could learn PHP....who knows. :D

I could, but I dont want to steal from Kurgan's thunder by cluttering up a perfectly good site

Ok, I figure the best way to get the video portion going, I am going to take request (that are specific) of troublesome areas. You can either post here on in PM if you so desire and I will put together a video of high quality or medium-low quality *your choice* and will post it on the site... for low quality, the videos will be anywhere from a couple hundred kilobits to 10-15 Mb if its an entire level, where as high quality with range from 4-5 Mb to 30-40 Mb.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Andy867

Ok, I figure the best way to get the video portion going, I am going to take request (that are specific) of troublesome areas. You can either post here on in PM if you so desire and I will put together a video of high quality or medium-low quality *your choice* and will post it on the site... for low quality, the videos will be anywhere from a couple hundred kilobits to 10-15 Mb if its an entire level, where as high quality with range from 4-5 Mb to 30-40 Mb.

and ummm forgive me if i sound stupid, but just what is the web site adress?

Archived