Home

Where did everybody go?

WTE_Kimba

*walks around whistling*

Who me? I don't know what you're talking about. :p

That's it, sometime this month, someone from the forum is going to play GB/CC with me. If you don't, I will hunt you down like animals. (Notice I didn't say this weekend, I'm going out of town.)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bad, that's the only time I have to play the game :p

No, just kidding. I removed it from my computer for space. The game wore out way too fast...way too fast. I've been playing SWG mainly now...so addicting. First MMORPG I've ever owned to that might be it...

I've gotten used to the cold weather here, to the point when I can wear shorts in 30 degree weather and still stay warm.

• 2 weeks later...

*fanfare of trumpets plays*

*three pairs of A-Wings crisscross the sky in honour guard formation*

*a single shuttle lands, and three ranks of Separatists march out with blaster rifles*

*CorranSec walks out*

Missed me? :cool:

I actually pondered creating a whole new thread for my Second Coming. But then I thought that although I am vain, that just gives a new meaning to the world. This is vain enough. ^^

Lol. Luke's particular explanation of why I left made me laugh the loudest I have today. It is partially true. I had traumatising experiences. Really.

And although I did visit Aresen, it was too brief to be a proper betrayal of the innocence and valorous goodness that is GB.com. Now Aresen... that place really does cause traumatising experiences.

There seem to be more people around nowadays. Nice to see that the core of 'oldtimers' is still around. I also noticed Viceroy, still persisting without punctuation... pity.

Anyway, this was just my little thing to notify the general population that I have returned from whatever existential quandary I may have been in.

On a final note:

ohta su marvalic plesodoro

Good news indeed:D

Hmm, though the problem is, am i a good enough player to attack both YOU & VOSTOK (without a C) at the same time, this Friday night...

Well all I can do is give it a go huh.

Last Friday icarus took on me, Spartan, Cygnus & trapper. We let him play unhandicapped! Generous of us huh! He would have beaten us all too given another 30 mins but none of us noticed that the holocron timer was on, so we won cos the time ran out!

poor Icarus, he deserved the win really, but we took it reluctantly

NOT

:D

Hope to see you there - you have been missed.

Oh & by the way saberhagen & anyone else interested - WTE has changed its policy about overseas members - so if you can make our time zone for a game you are more than welcome to join us now. We play Friday nights - Australian EST 8.30pm in IRC & play around 9pm ish.

http://wte-anga.com

check it out if you wish...

:jawa

I have returned indeedy.

Well, the Windu-bashing's still going on, so that much hasn't changed. I think that might live on forever. Sith is still being apathetic and cynical... Vostok is still a purist... Luke's dad is still eternally cheerful (how's that Charlie person going by the way?). Ooh, nice recommendation, Luke's dad. *hurries off to check out page 3 of Windu's ideas thread*

I quested indeed, being a Questor and all. And although I do have a real life, and am constantly in trouble with women, it was neither of these that summarily yanked me away from this particular existence.

I think it was just.... um.... I really have no idea. But I quested for quite a lot of things. It's fun. You should try it sometime.

Yes, Vosto©k, I'll get to your GB2 ideas soon enough. Wait your turn already. I've got months of catching up to do.

Hey, Kimba. Sorry that I so abrubtly vanished. I believe it had something to do with that questing thing. I might play another game with you lads and lad... esses over at WTE sometime soon.

Anyway, I'm off to post in many a thread. Or at the very least look.

By the way, I shall give 500 SecPoints (my personal currency which counts for absolutely nothing anywhere away from my territory) to the first person who figures out what that delighful little quote at the bottom of my last post means, and 100 SPs to whoever finds out first what language it is. :)

er um well I was just going to ignore your quote CorranSec so I wouldnt look like an idiot for not knowing. Now I understand that it is entirely cryptic in nature i feel much better about admitting I have NO IDEA... which is a shame really cos i would have rather fancied a few hundres SecPoints. They are just what i need...

ohta su marvalic plesodoro

let them marvel at our splendor; Huttese :p

Welcome Back.

Like Sith, I haven't really looked at anyone's templates. Since I haven't seen any with Yuuzhan Vong, and no one likes them, I could care less if I read them.

Corran, join our tournament!

And, just for you Corran: saltan valoramosa n telval mord

Lol... sorry, Kimba, but it seems Phreak has scooped up the Sec Points.

PHREAK!! I thought you were quite dead. Congratulations, you have won the SecPoints. Would you like your cash in tens, twenties, hundreds or with my special 600 SP coin?

I'm checking out your tournament as we speak... actually I'll look at it right after I finish this. Undoubtedly it will be quite exciting.

I'll be sure to put the Yuuzhan Vong in my template. You know I love EU. Long live EU.

(Canon is good too)

That rhymes.

saltan valoramosa n telval mord

Assumption is the first step into a shallow grave; Old Corellian. :p

Aren't the Fenig Nabon stories just great!

In return, a little challenge for all: why do you think Obi-Wan said he didn't own a droid? The most ingenious answer gets 700 SecPoints.

I'm liking this. The joys of personal currency. :D

I learned my Huttese from a little source I call Star Wars. If you want to find out where, you'll need to ask nicely. :p

But surely he owned the droid in his Jedi Starfighter (kudos to saberhagen's sig, of course). Although one might say that the Jedi don't have material posessions. But he did have ownership of the droid- he was its 'master,' as it were.

But does this mean that Obi-Wan was once again lying to Luke, or deliberately concealing the truth? If so, why? Was there a deeper motive?

Or... an even darker thought...

Was George Lucas simply a crappy planner and didn't know that he would end up contradicting himself many times over? ;)

While I feel I need to embark upon a lecture as to what is and is not "Star Wars", I know I've done it with you before Corran, so I'll just ask nicely.

Pretty please tell me where you learn your Huttese? :)

As I believe almost blindly that George Lucas can do no wrong, I'm going to have to go with the concealing the truth thing... though technically he never has owned a droid...

You have done it before, Vostok, many times. But you asked nicely, and rhymed while you did it, I shall tell you.

I learned one phrase from a short story by Chris Cassidy and Tish Pahl called 'Hutt and Seek' which was originally in the Star Wars Adventure Journal, but was reproduced in an anthology called 'Star Wars: Tales from the New Republic.' It's lovely. You should read it. Really.

Yes, I know, Lucas is your god, and I suppose I have committed nigh-sacrilege by insulting his scriptwriting skills. But I ask again... why did Obi-Wan conceal the truth about a droid?

Vostok: Bona nai kachu. Dopo mee gusha, peedunkey? Geebawa do lorda numa.

(j/k if you actually understand that) :p

Obi-Wan was concealing the truth to keep luke confused... or Lucas didn't plan ahead :p that's what happens when you make movie #4 before #1 ;)

Little faith indeed. I think that Lucas might ending making a 'Star Wars Episode 3.5: Filling In Plot Holes,' in which he fixes up all the mistakes he's made over time (these mistakes building up and amounting to quite a bit, of course). Now THAT will be an unmissable movie.

No credit? But... it says Star Wars on the front.... *gasp* Does this mean that anything that says Star Wars is automatically discredited?

That sounds Rodian, Phreak. But wait- the term 'Rodian' doesn't exist in the movies, does it? Guess Vostok must have to accept a bit of EU-spawned species info to figure that one out. :p

Why, oh why, would he want Luke confused about the most simple of matters? Perhaps 'confused' was the only way Mark Hamill could act. Pity.

Disclaimer: I actually do quite like the Star Wars movies. It's just fun to keep pressing Vostok.

The second phrase is said by the Rodian bounty hunter in SWGB. And thats without having touched the game for over a year.

As for the word Rodian never appearring in the movies: I was of the assumption that canon also included elements of Star Wars that were created by Lucas and inferred in the script (the script never actually says a lot of stuff).

Why make Episode 3.5, when it is Episode 3 that will fill in the plot holes?

Actually there is no Rodian spoken in the movies, so you see it couldn't sound like Rodian at all.

As for "Canon" including the scripts, several sources will tell you this, though by Canon's very definition this belief is misguided. A Canonical text is correct, and anything that conflicts with it is not. Therefore, since the films and the scripts conflict, they can't both be Canon. Yet the scripts do serve some insight into Lucas' vision, so deserve a far greater level of recognition than EU. In this case I think the scripts, along with the novelisations and radio dramatisations, should be dubbed "Secondary Canon", in that where they don't conlict with the movies (Primary Canon) they are somewhat correct, though still nowhere near as concrete as the films. Only Primary Canon can be used to prove a Star Wars related article. Secondary Canon can be used as additional evidence, though without Primary Canon it carries litle more credibility than Pure EU.

Oh, I do enjoy these rants. You have been missed, Corran!

It was actually the 'peedunky.' That sounded Rodian to me. Maybe it's Huttese though... but hey, didn't Sebulba say something like that?

Oh ye of overabundant faith. I'm sure Lucas will miss something...

Considering that the scripts were written by Lucas, or at the very much had a huge amount of input from Lucas (if I'm not wrong), then I think they should qualify as true Star Wars fact.

What's this? Now in addition to Pure EU and Extrapolation EU, we have Primary Canon and Secondary Canon. But why can't anything but Primary Canon be used to prove a point? If we were that strict, then we couldn't discuss anything but the scenes in the movies. Especially in terms of gaming- we'd have to make games of the movies, and we all know that wouldn't work.

Rants indeed. Why did I ever leave such an amusing and colourful society...

Archived