Home

Its the one and only GForce with another question.

GForce

My friend told me that star wars galaxies has over 1000 diferent variations of weapon upgrades and weapon types, is this true, can you tamper with the looks of your weapon. People tell me you can have scopes others tell me you cant, Im so confused?

Please help me on this one.

Thanks

Why don't you just play the game like the rest of us and learn things on your own like the rest of us did. Are you one of those kids who didn't study for a test and then asked the kid next to you..what is the answer to 12...16..23...34...35...45....? Learn stuff for yourself for a change. It's very rewarding and you won't sound like a noob all of your life.

Take it easy there, Zootner.

Yes, there are thousands of different stats for the weapons, but they are established when the weapon is made. A smuggler can slice it (this means he tinkers with it) and make it better, permanently, but it will suffer more damage to it while it is used than an unsliced weapon. A gun can only be sliced ones though. And the looks will be the same.

The stats can temperarely be changed by adding a powerup (these are scopes, couplers, barrels, etc... ), but they do not change the looks of the weapon. They are just powerups that works for 100 shots.

There are also loads of different looks for the different weapons to, but like with the stats, they are made when the weapon is assembeled. Ones it's assembeled the look can not be changed.

I have seen weapons with scopes, anway i am guessing from what you said that there are alot of different looks that cant be changed, thats still cool. Oh...just so you know i dont have the computer to play the game yet, thats why i have so many questions.

Well, as far as I know, all guns can be added a scope when it is created. But it is not a requirement to craft the gun. It makes the gun better permanently than one without a scope.

Then you can add a scope powerup for example later on to boost the stats alittle more for a short time (lasts for 100 blaster bolts fired).

Don't know if I'm confusing you more than I'm clearing it up for you now. :p

Bah, adding a scope kills your pool costs. Useless really.

I believe there are three or four different Add ons that will change the appearance of your weapon, but these can only be done by the crafter and not after it has been made. They must be added at the time of creation.

From what i know you cant change the color of a weapon, but when a weapon is being constructed you can add a scope to change the apperance of the weapon. Becides a scope what else can you add to change the way the weapon looks?

The barrel, or more correctly, the nozzle on the weapon. :)

But that's about it I think.

There are 2-4 (depending if you add a scope and/or stock to the gun or not) things you have to make before you can assemble the gun:

Power Coupler (Required. Does not change the appearance)

Barrel (Required, and it's really a nozzle :p . Can change the appearance, but not on all guntypes)

Stock (Optional I believe, and not all guns can have it, mostly carbines and rifles has it. Not sure, but I don't think it changes the appearance, only the stats.)

Scope (Optional. Changes the appearance of the gun by adding a scope on it.)

So you can change the size of the barrel on a weapon, because you said that a barrel or nozzel whould change the aperance, and im sure that when a weapon is crafted it has a barrel, so when you add a barrel what changes?

Also I just wanted to know if there is more than one style of scopes, are there different types, or is there only one scope style in the whole game?

Thanks

Well Ob'i if you've been hanging lately on swgalaxies forums you'll notice how he creates a thread for every question he has ;) (no offense Gforce but you have to admit it's true)

Gforce if you have a lot of questions on your mind simply post all of them in 1 yes 1 post oh and Zootner don't be so harsh with the guy.

Kusanavi,

What, trying to steal my job? lol

Well said.

Gforce,

Let me reiterate. You cannot change the appearance of your weapon after it's creation, only the crafter can do that. What I do is, since looks are meerly superficial, I tell the crafter what I want in the weapon.

I.E. Around 200 damage, 1.8 Attack speed, 15/30/15 special cost and then they make it for me.

I run to my nearest Master Smuggler and get my new gun sliced. I grab one of my coupler power ups from my back pack and see what the bad boy can do.

As far as why everyone is coming down on you, well, truthfully, you ask a lot of questions that would be answered five minutes after you log in for your first time. I understand you have a thirst for knowledge and are excited, we were all there at one point or another.

*thinks back to the dumb questions he asked in the past as well*

Thank the heavens search is no longer enabled. If you people saw some of the questions I asked when I started posting here. Whew. Didn't you give me a warning Wraith?

/chuckle

In most cases Gforce, it's not necessarily the questions your asking even, just the amount. Throw them all in one post, or one thread and we'll keep answering them. Cluttering the boards however, has a tendency to annoy people.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh so thats how it is, well if you havnt noticed most of the things you post is now off topic. I am asking star wars galaxies related questions, you people are just posting insults. Plus i havnt posted new threads as much as i use to, i always ask a lot of questions about video games so i can no if i really want to play it. If i didnt ask all of these questions i probably would not have got the game. Anyway thanks to the people that were sticking up for me.

GForce

Dont be scared off from the old mean old posters. they are grumpy in there old age. You know if you had a fat old nurse changing your diapers you would be very sensitve also. Don't let them keep you from asking your hundreds of questions, there are still people willing to answer you and help you. For all the old PRO's try another forum like the:

BEING A D1CK FORUM...

Archived