Home

****** Rancor Blues *SPOILERS*

Wertdagf

I was playing mp on my own server when i decided to spawn some rancors fo rthe very first time... its was scary indeed. Then i remeberd that you could npc spawn mutant_rancor. So i did it and i was amazed at the size and scaryness, it was my first time seeing it. The other rancors pailed in commparasin. Untill i ran out to see how it would eat me. The monster ran up to me and stood there....... then he pouned the Ground (no effect). then he swooped to grab me (no effect). THIS MONSTEROUS BEAST HAS A FRIKIN MINIMUM RANGE WTH!!!!!. I a jedi 1/40 his size is imortal just by standing next to him. SOMTHIG HAS TO BE DONE!!!!

The mutant rancor needs an additional attack that hits units that are within its minimum range and knocks them away with extreme force OR knocks them into his other ranged attacks. Its sad that a NORMAL rancor can kill MORE jedi than a GIGANTIC MUTANT ONE!!!!

PLEASE RAVEN FIX IMMEDIANTLY. cause i love rancors

Originally posted by InsaneSith

i think it's because the size of the map wasn't big enough to hold the rancor. it will grab you for sure in SP and eat you.

Not necessarily.

In fact, the first time I played that level in SP, I too could stand right under the Rancor, and received no damage whatsoever. Even standing a little away from it, it couldn't hurt me, for some reason. It kept picking me up...and a quick slash of the sabers later, I was released again - without any damage whatsoever.

I don't know if this is another glitch or something, but I kept that up for about half an hour, without any ill effects. I actually started to look on the damned thing more like a mindless puppy-dog following me around...

Archived