Home

How to create MINI Jaden ? Has anyone tried this ?!

Astrotoy7

Hi All

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this(i havent seen it in the stuck forums), but you can create a MINI sized version of your character(actually jawa size to be correct). The way I did it was purely by accident, so theres probably some easier way to do it....

for those interested though.

first you need to find out your playermodel's head, torso and leg attributes. Please see 'question about customisation' thread for more but basically if you type in playermodel and press enter it will list your playermodels attributes. I did this to change my twilek jaden into hoth gear

ie. playerModel jedi_tf head_a2 torso_g1 lower_e1

jedi tf = jedi twilek female

head a2 - just one of the head styles usually available

torso g1 and lower e1 are the hoth jacket and pants, so yes you can put sexy twilek jaden into the hoth bubble jacket but still leave here legs bare, making her look like a stripper who is trying to keep warm with her homiez jacket.... :p

Bind all that to a key

eg. bind <key> playerModel jedi_tf head_a2 torso_g1 lower_e1

for the above example

to get the mini version

type

playermodel jawa, (I havent tried this with ugnuaght yet)

you'll get the short and cute jawa skin

then press your bound key and it will deck you out with whatever you had bound above ontop of the smaller jawa model !!

MTFBWYA

I have tried it with with a couple of different characters now. basically whichever playermodel you choose, you can make it look like your character. it works for ugnaught, making jaden even smaller.

Alternately you can try desann and make your jaden a towering presence. ie the viewpos changes from what it would normally be for a human size character. I really loved the viewpos that resulted from putting in r2d2 as the player model, but then jaden ended up rotating her head excorcist style as she ran around(like the r2 model does of course)

sometimes, the enemies will stop shooting at you, depending on what playermodel you have chosen, so you would have to use 'playermodel player' to make you 'the good guy' again.

One thing i am not sure about is if you inherit the fighting attributes of whatever npc charactermodel you use, ie desann, alora, tavion, although they look like 'your jaden'.......

MTFWBYA

Yep, I already tried that out when it was first discovered as a possibility in the demo. To me, it makes my character appear more like a young boy or girl, rather than an adult. You can basically pretend that you are a young teen hacking and slashing your way through the levels.

And this effect actually brings another consideration to mind for future mod makers. It should be possible to make some NPCs that would look realistically like young teenagers - who could then be accompanied by a proper-sized 'adult'. This could add a lot of variety in terms of NPCs...

The 'side-effect' of becoming a Jawa is that you become a 'neutral' unless you attack one of the enemies... So it then even becomes feasible to actually sneak through the levels without having to kill everyone in sight. Stealth in a different guise...

Has anyone tried simply modding the player.npc file? You should be able to take that out of assets1.pk3, change it, and put it in its own .pk3

In the player entry in that file you should be able to add the line:

scale <scale factor>

where the scale factor is the size you want. 100 would be normal size, less than 100 would be smaller and greater than 100 would be larger. This would be easier if you wanted a smaller player character, wouldn't it?

The size changing thing only seemed to work for me when switching back to Jaden (player). If I switched to Jawa then Kyle, I wouldn't get "little Kyle" because the size attributes reset for him.

So I could get "little jaden" or "big jaden" but not big/little kyle using that method (or I assume any of the other characters that aren't generic like Jaden).

That is why you have to rest Jaden's playerteam and snd if you switch back from some of the characters.

AHA! BOOYA! I figured it out (finally) Kurgan!

Playermodel kyle Model_default Model_default Model_default

this works for all the others to such as:

playermodel shadowtrooper model_default model_default model_default

i used that one for mr. game and watch, hence the avatar ;)

have fun! :thumbsup:

PLUS you have the default player (e.g. playermodel jedi_hm head_a1 torso_d1 lower_a1) on, then go to another model, (e.g. playermodel shadowtrooper model_default model_default model_default) it will show that model in the cut-scene! Yay!

to do mini/big-model, obviously, you just go to ugnaught/jawa/desann whatever then go to the default player (before you do anything, say playermodel alone and writedown what comes up) then go to another model. Then you will be mini/big, and be in the cut-scenes!

good day! :thumbsup:

one more thing, ive been experimenting, and you can make big jawa of small desann exc.

and you can set the colors of the MP models in SP simply by saying Model_red or Model_blue (e.g. playermodel shadowtrooper model_red model_red model_red)

enjoy! :thumbsup:

Hmm..just a word of warning. If you change to a Jawa skin (and even then go back to Jaden), right at the start of SP - then you will reach a point (after you cross the tree trunk bridge and just before encountering the Stormtroopers) where Rosh will suddenly start shooting at you. I don't know why, but I tried it several times, all with the same result. Before navigating the tree trunk, he was unconcerned at my size, but as soon as he stepped off it, he came in guns ablazing. :p The only way to stop him was to trigger the next event...or die...or kill him which ended the game and so I had to reload.

Archived