Home

Governor Ahhh-nold!

Nitro

Ok, maybe not South Korea then, but not at a "lol" level. Their communication technology is really top-noch. But like you said, it really depends on how you look at it.

Originally posted by Kylilin

And we have bigger guns.

I knew one of you would say that. "Big Guns" may be technologically advanced but having to resort to them is retarded.

Of course we can't just all realise it now and throw our guns from one day to the other, it takes time.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jem

I knew one of you would say that. "Big Guns" may be technologically advanced but having to resort to them is retarded.

Of course we can't just all realise it now and throw our guns from one day to the other, it takes time.

You are the admiral of the Ninth Stupid Fleet.

I get physically ill whenever I hear stupid talk about how mankind should just throw down its weapons and live in peace and harmony. Maybe those people should check with the incontrovertible juggernaut of human nature to see what THAT badass mofo of a hardass has to say. Humanity has been jabbing each other with sticks since shortly after the second human showed up.

Yo. I said it would take time. Not 50-100 years, more like several thousands. People claiming that the Earth was round used to be considered the devil. You can't predict how man will evolve it's way of thinking.

But of course it will most likely never happen, I personally think humanity is a lost cause.

I'm glad a made you ill.

Being admiral of the Ninth Stupid Fleet is saying that owning a big gun makes you superior. I won't even discuss about this imbecilic remark because it's just so obvious it originates from a lack of intellect.

Jeez people, calm down about the big guns remark, I wasn't even seroius. But I will be serious about the one thing, more powerful than the biggest gun, or the fastest computer, and in which the United States has more of than anyone in the world, and that is money. It is because wh have so much money that we a superior to every country, and it is why we are the last superpower standing. After WWII, we rebuilt Europe, and shortly after that, we turned Japan into one big Auto Mall/Radio Shack, which in turn made Japan the second richest country in the world.

Originally posted by Jem

I wouldn't associate power with superiority.

Wow there. You have apparently no clue about anything. ANYTHING. Look out in to nature for the whole of nine seconds and report back with your findings concerning the nature of the relationship between power and superiority.

dammit, kylilin, see what u've started....

if i may offer an opinion:

i think u're both right---- and wrong. it all depends on your point of view. if u take "superior" in its most basic meaning (ie

better), then i think we'd all agree that even in a world as money-driven as this, money does not translate to superiority.

Is someone "superior" or "better" than u just coz he's richer? Is a country like Canada, one of the wealthiest countries in the

world, "better" than a country like Bhutan with a GNP of nearly 0 but a high standard of living, where its citizens enjoy a

rich culture and quality time with their family & friends? HELL NO!

when it comes to how advanced or powerful a country is--which, i might remind u, is the point first debated-- then there's

more room for discretion. In that case, money does factor in largely to power. even here, it depends on how u look at it. like

what u've all been saying... there are too many factors to consider. the human development index is a pretty good gauge,

though, of a country's level of advancement (note: not power). and the last time i checked, canada was at the head of that

list, with the US at 3rd. singapore's at 22nd place.....after japan, the most developed asian state. not bad ,eh?

now, to get back on-topic, is someone gonna answer my question and say why you're all against arnie as governor?

A more accurate observation perhaps would be that

money = power

Then again, if

big guns = more war

and

more war = less money

so you could say that

big guns != power

:rolleyes:

But the matter is, does power equal superiority? Absolutely not. See, in the Western world, a common unit to describe superiority would be GNP/capita. But the unit for power is Watt, or Nm/s. Problem solved.

1. We MADE Japan what they are today, and we LET them do it.

2. It easy to be on the forefront of Communications Tech when you have such a small country to get up to date.

3. If money AND power AND military might don't equal superiority, then why are countries that have that always stay on top......

That's like saying that just Because Rome owned 90% of Europe doesn't mean they were the superior state.........

And how come a large portion of our problems are related to relocating stuff OUTSIDE of the US......

We need to say **** FOREIGNERS pull our jobs back in and say, too bad, you don't like us, good luck eating grain anytime soon.

Originally posted by Kylilin

But I will be serious about the one thing, more powerful than the biggest gun, or the fastest computer, and in which the United States has more of than anyone in the world, and that is money.

You also have a budget defecit of $475 billion. That means the US government owes somewhere in the region of $1600 to each and every one of it's citizens. :D

Originally posted by MadPilot

You also have a budget defecit of $475 billion. That means the US government owes somewhere in the region of $1600 to each and every one of it's citizens. :D

The debt is an abstraction. The federal government could abitrarily declare all federal debts null and void and it wouldn't make any difference. Our money actually has no value, ever since we got off the gold standard. We SAY our dollar has value and gesture suggestively to our industrial and commercial (as well as military) might and pretty much say "try and say otherwise."

sigh...

If it weren't for Canada, Belgium would be sprechen zie deutsch.

If it weren't for Canada, Netherlands would be sprechen zie deutsch.

If it weren't for Canada, there wouldn't be a Kyoto agreement

If it weren't for Canada, there wouldn't be a Global Ban on Landmines

If it weren't for Canada, the Canadarm and Canadarm II wouldn't exist. The Canadair neither. :D

I still think these kind of arguments are the silliest of all. Especially the war related ones.

Originally posted by Jem

I still think these kind of arguments are the silliest of all. Especially the war related ones.

Indeed. None of the countries involved would have made it very far without the support of their allies (and yes Kylilin and Zargon, that includes America :p ).

Archived