Home

Making ***Troopers and Droids pushable and pullable (SPOILERS)

Damar Stiehl

I'm highly annoyed by the fact that you can't push/pull droids and hazardtroopers. They can't be too heavy - I mean, size matters not, right?

How would I make them pushable/pullable? For s&g, I changed the hazardtrooper.npc and set the class to CLASS_STORMTROOPER for them. Now I could lift them off the ground with a Force Grip (but instead of the usual grab the throat anim they ran in place). Push/pull makes them lean back a bit but doesn't throw them.

Any more ideas?

In response to the spoiler post above:

Some of the hazard troopers, which you first encounter on Vjun (Darth Vader's castle), use the concussion rifle. However, I don't recall them ever using rocket packs. Now, the rocket pack users, introduced on the level where you assist Wedge Antilles, are a completely different type of trooper. More of a paratrooper actually if you ask me.

NOTE: You can already push and pull the rocket pack wearers and the other Imperial troops aren't new to the Jedi Knight Series.

Haztroopers are different from the fliers. Haztroopers are huge, lumbering, slow behemoths with conc rifles. Not chokable, not pushable, not pullable. And Force- and sabre-resistant too.

I ended up replacing the haztroopers with jetpackers. Now if only I could "fix" those annoying assasino droids.

Archived