Home

Have you ever tried...

Jaden X

to mimic katas and twirls with toy swords? I have successfully done Strong Style kata (the one that you spin the saber w/ one hand, then u pass to the other one) and the dual saber twirl. I'm currently working on the staff's twirl and kata.

BTW, I have Vader, Qui-Gon and Maul's toy Lightsaber, and I use them for training... ^^()

<.<,>.>...thanks god there are no cams in my house (of what I know >.<) but yeah I have tried mimicking this attacks...it's kind of embarrasing when your brother sees you doing this stuff and be really careful and sure that there are no cams in your house :|.

Ah, yes, satisfying your inner Jedi. Sometimes I'll start mimiking the saber sounds and start swinging my arm around. Other times I'll start quoting scenes from the movies to myself. It's fun...until your classmates start noticing.:p

[joke]So much for the hot girl in psychology class...*sigh*[/joke]

Originally posted by WickedClown

No, I haven't.

You should watch out for cams...or do you want to be the next 'star wars kid'?

Hey, you gave me a cool idea... Maybe not SW kid, but maybe they can call me to act in Episode III, I think that...

***SPOILERS IF I AM RIGHT***

There will be some kind of Great War of the Jedi, Light vs. Dark. Where every single Jedi will fight. The Light Side will win, and the only survivors are Any, Obi1 and Master Yoda. How could you explain that the only Jedi that are alive in Episode IV are Obi1, Yoda and Vader???

PS.: I haven't read any EU books yet...

***END SPOILERS***

But would be cool to act in a SW movie... It's my dream...

I have lightsaber fights with my friends sometimes, with the plastic lightsabers. Not because we're StarWars nerds, we like like swordfighting, and lightsabers are certainly the coolest swords around. Sadly they are made out of cheap plastic and break after 5-6 fights :(. I never tried to mimic any of the JA moves though.

Yeah, I fight with my brother sometimes, normally at night with the sabers on. But my sabers don't break that easily. Qui-Gon's saber look new, and Vader's broke, but I think it's because it is very old (I'd say 6-7 years swinging it... sometimes in a wall... or something...) Maul's one is new (fought with it once or twice...)

But if you want to mimic their moves, do it in a big place (duh!) and in front of a mirror so you can know what you're doing.

Do any of you guys remember "Nerf Fencing"?

Made by the toy brand, and it had foam "blades" and you had to knock all the hilt pieces down to win - so it was all about jabs and parries. Pretty fun back in the day. Got one for my.... hmm... a birthday... ages ago....

I find a whiffle-ball bat to be a sufficient "lightsaber". Costs less than one of them toy sabers. Although I do have an ancient Kenner Darth Vader lightsaber - it has little vent holes in the fixed plastic tube, so when you swing it, it makes a humming sound.

None of these new-fangled fancy battery-powered things! Back in my day we got bags of rocks for Christmas, and we were grateful! And had to walk, 20 miles to school in 6-foot deep snow! :lol::xp::nut:

Archived