Home

Can't play SP?

Dr_night

I have had the game beforre now but for some reason I cannot play single player for any more, it' can't find some stuff it says it needs but i can play MP fine any ideas what's up with that?

EDIT: if i reinstall it, then it works but as soon as i put ANY, and i mean ANY mods in it, it messes up now i am very VERY confused and i really wanna try the mods i have.

Double EDIT: I'm ashamed to say how many mods i have, but it has worked with them before so let me just paste what it said in the bottom of that weird dos box

26745 files in pk3 files

execing default.cfg

execing jaconfig.cfg

couldn't exec autoexec.cfg

Z_Free(): Corrupt zone header!

Originally posted by boinga1

Try deleting the autoexec.cfg file...also, keep in mind that some JO mods probably will be incompatible with JA.

actually i can't seem to find the autoexec.cfg and i've used search with windows explorer

do i need to try to get a new copy of the game? i've tried re-installing it a few times but with no luck

Just because a mod, especially a JO mod/custom map seemed to be working, doesnt mean that it was behaving correctly at a system level.

I had an MP map/mod that kept all my SP save games all locked up in its pk.3 !! Everytime I uninstalled I would get rid of all save games and config files, as well as the JA directory just to be sure...

However, after re-installing, everytime I put the mod/map back in all my SP saves would reappear :( This was a bugger as it was also disallowing auto save in SP, and had taken up all my save slots(yes, there is a limit)

Go into the pk.3 of your mod - see what you find.

If anything - do a FULL uninstall, including saves and config files, make a copy of your saves so you can re-insert them later.... if its still buggered, hope the mod bug is fixed, some modders are nice in receiving and responding to feedback...

see if that works

It just comes down to the fact some modders just dont know what theyre doin, basically

MTFBWYA

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

Just because a mod, especially a JO mod/custom map seemed to be working, doesnt mean that it was behaving correctly at a system level.

I had an MP map/mod that kept all my SP save games all locked up in its pk.3 !! Everytime I uninstalled I would get rid of all save games and config files, as well as the JA directory just to be sure...

However, after re-installing, everytime I put the mod/map back in all my SP saves would reappear :( This was a bugger as it was also disallowing auto save in SP, and had taken up all my save slots(yes, there is a limit)

Go into the pk.3 of your mod - see what you find.

If anything - do a FULL uninstall, including saves and config files, make a copy of your saves so you can re-insert them later.... if its still buggered, hope the mod bug is fixed, some modders are nice in receiving and responding to feedback...

see if that works

It just comes down to the fact some modders just dont know what theyre doin, basically

MTFBWYA

sooo you're saying that that bug is caused bye a mod with all my save games and shi-err stuff in it? so i just have to go through my 47 mod files and check each one of them for game saves?

Archived