Home

What I knew b4 Garry left

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

I was saving the news I had about SWGB2 until next year (ooer) however, after Garry leaving, i can reveal:

Lucasarts planned to announce officially the new game in Jan/Feb next year (2004)

The new game was NOT going to be called SWGB 2 but some other title.

The game was due for release late November 2004, early 2005

GB.com has secured exclusive screens and interviews once the game has been announced. So, you will hear about and see about it here first.

With Garry leaving, the project might be delayed alittle but not too much until they find a replacement. But something fishy is going on as Simon Jeffrey, the president of LA also resigned from his post at Lucasarts.

Either way, we now have a long way to go

DMUK

You know, I honestly don't care what they call it. As long as it is Star Wars, I'll be happy. And hopefully it won't be delayed too long with the Pres. and Garry leaving.

It's great to know I'm with the website with all the info.:)

*crossing fingers* please be RTS and not another Force Commander

hmm...I might be crossing my fingers for a while

Guest DarthMaulUK

Garry was always in touch with the community - I am not sure yet who has taken over yet etc etc but it seems LA have alot going on currently with the top brass leaving.

As for this info, i was allowed to mention it, as I always do ask first.

DMUK

While it's bad that Garry has left LucasArts, I would rather the project be delayed. If it comes out before Episode III there is every chance some things in it will be rendered silly by the movies. This is because LucasArts probably won't have full access to everything LucasFilm does, but once Episode III is released they will have full access.

It's kind of hard to explain but I've seen it happen. For example, those people familiar with the Star Wars Visual Dictionary and Star Wars Incredible Cross-section books may be aware that there are a few inconsistencies between the books and the films, which I attribute to the book-makers only having access to parts of the film before it was released.

Mostly they try to get the games out before the movies to add to the marketting campaign, but I'd rather the project be delayed a bit so it can be as good as possible.

Guest DarthMaulUK

When Lucasarts made Clone Campaigns, for the best part, they had no idea what certain creatures did (apart from the obvious ones).

For example, the waitress in the cantina that Obi Wan spoke with before Dex came out. They didn't know the role this droid had.

Simon, I believe, has turned Lucasarts around in the 3 years he has been there. Before, they were making awful SW games, with the odd expection and just not involving the community.

Now. They see the community as a very important part in game development - as it should be - since we are the ones buying it!

I cant tell you who I work for, but most of the guys who produce computer games, either don't play them or their own knowledge on community issues is poor.

Even at LA, this is the case! :-o

DMUK

Well I Think They SHOULD STRECH IT it should be so streched you could wrap it round the world 17 million times and since they are going to have loads of time they could implement the best out of all of our ideas especially mine vostoks and maybe windu's if he ever decides to make his iodea a little less generic they could out a space mode in they could have civs so diverse there's hardly and similarties while still being balanced they could have the chiss in they could have civ's that have to be unlocked and much much more

Let's Hope For This

Let's Hope For This

Let's Hope For This

Let's Hope For This

Let's Hope For This

Let's Hope For This

Let's Hope For This

Let's Hope For This

Let's Hope For This

Let's Hope For This

Let's Hope For This

Let's Hope For This