Home

What About RPG Servers????

WaR_ShArK_aX

Good Place To Find Duel Servers-

www.jk3servers.com

Small Time JA Dueling League-

www.bladeworks.net

These are a couple server sources I discovered. What I wanna know is where the heck are the RPG Servers at?

Is there any sort of ring or website we can hook up with??

Any designated server IPs???

If anyone can give me any insight on this please let me know A.S.A.P. :(

If you've been reading some of the threads here the past few weeks, and in the Jedi Outcast forum the past few months, the main problem seems to be finding a server that isn't a RPG server. According to some, almost every server they visit is a RPG server to one degree or another. Try any "FFA" server that says "Honor code strictly enforced" or "Saber down = peace" in the MOTD.:)

Just a question, but if u are looking for lots of RPing, why not get SW:G, makes sense to me.

i dont see the point in playing a game that was not ment to be a RPG and far from it, if u want to RP.

but like the wierdos that hang around in chat rooms and RP, never saw the point in that, or RPing on Forums which happens.

but guess people must like it, i just dont see why they dont get somthing that was designed for that kinda thing.

guess i will never see the draw, unless someone can enlighten me (which i highly dout btw) :)

I don't know of any sites that list 'RPG' servers for either JO or JA. Maybe you've stumbled on an idea that could be implemented. If and when you find RPG servers, why not compile a list yourself and set up a web site for them? If there is no RPG 'ring' then why not start one? I know the RPG aspect possible in the game is popular with many people, so there must be like-minded individuals out there you can hook up with.

Mordred,

I would just like to make a few valid points about rping in SWG. There is none no one rps sure, people say "I'm going on Tatooine" but thats only cause they are to hunt krytes or go on a tusken raid. Which again might sound rpish, but it's not it's another way to make money, or grind towards Mastering your profession. Also SWG has yet to see one Force Sensitive character, The devs said some people are very close though and it might be before next month before we see our first Jedi, what has it been? 4 months, and it's no dought unlocked by some powergamer. Not to say that power gaming is bad, but I am saying that War doesn't want to spend 5-8 months of playing to RP a Jedi (something he can do in JA) with a whole bunch of EQ leet doods.

I'm not dissing SWG though, I still play it, In limited doeses, but for me if I play it more than a few hours or two it turns into work instead of playing a game. However for 2 or 3 hours when your nailing tusken raiders under a hot Tatooine sun armed with a DL-44, then you head into town, and talk to the dances in the cantina, yea, it's fun. I'm sure I'll play a lot more when the Space Expansion comes out.

Now for WarShark (SUP! you don't remember me but I was in you clan like for 3 weeks way way back in the day =p)

There are no RP servers, and without the Zone I kinda gave up hosting PNUT RPGS (anyone remember those?), anyway, give it some time, or contact me on AIM, and maybe me and some of my friends will host an RP and you can play. I still love RPs afterall, and I'm willing to host if your willing to play.

AIM: OracleOfTheFlame

Peace,

D_P!

One reason I choose JA/JO over SWG to RP in is because I can't stand rpg combat systems. I need to be in control of the fight and not let the computer and a ranomizer do it for me...

I would compile a list of RPG servers if I knew any :\ but it is a good idea.

And PNut, we can't wait for the Zone forever.

I encourage role-playing on my server...

Dark Jedi/Sith kill indiscriminately

Mercs shoot guns

Darth Vader whacked Obi Wan with his "saber down" & so I shall whack you if you deactivate yours.

It's not "laming" - just acting in-character. ;)

Oh, and I prolly won't bow either.

Originally posted by WaR_ShArK_aX

Right.... Thank you for that completely off subject and bogus tip

I dunno if that was directed at me, but assuming it was perhaps I need a better definition of "RPG"?

Care to clue me in as to just what exactly it's supposed to mean?

My understanding was that RPG = role-playing game. In the broadest sense, acting out a "role" as a character... more specifically with computer gaming, this means advancing in skills, equipment and interacting with NPCs and other players (something games like Jedi Academy is quite limited in your ability to accomplish).

Originally posted by GEEZus

stfu i'll say what I want, why should I bother reading a mindless thread about rpg servers in a fps. I just added a tidbit of humor because I don't like people rpging it up in JK.

First off, you won't say what you want if you're going to act like a jerkoff.

Secondly, you don't have to bother reading this thread - nobody makes you click on it. Don't come in here and flame, and consider yourself warned.

But in regards to the topic, I'm not sure how you'd go about finding them...=/

Originally posted by KaiaSowapit

My understanding was that RPG = role-playing game. In the broadest sense, acting out a "role" as a character... more specifically with computer gaming, this means advancing in skills, equipment and interacting with NPCs and other players (something games like Jedi Academy is quite limited in your ability to accomplish).

The simple fact is...people like RPing using Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast. Now, those who are serious about it usually set up their own servers and don't bother anyone else. They keep to themselves, and play the game the way they want.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, so stop trying to pick holes in it.

The whole RPing thing has acquired a bad name because of these 'honour' dudes coming into servers, emoting all over the place, and annoying the other players. They are a class apart, and frankly, nothing to do with the serious RPing crowd.

Don't try and tar everyone with the same brush.

I'm sick of seeing level-headed threads like this becoming flame-bait. If you don't like RPing...then don't post in here. It's really as simple as that.

As for the other crowd of 'lamers' who set out to wreck the enjoyment of others, they're a breed apart. Feel free to hunt them down on the game servers they choose to 'invade'.

Originally posted by KaiaSowapit

For those of us who hate leveling systems and lame RPG game combat which involves dice, we prefer something more practical and skill demanding then point and click combat.

Okay... rather than defend it, can anyone explain to me just what the accepted definition of RPG in regards to Jedi Knight is?

Honestly, not trying to flame... just trying to understand. Frankly I like role-playing games; I just don't see how you can make one out of a game like this.

What makes it different than standard FFA or Siege?

I think you'd have to view one to really understand what 'RPGin' in Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast truly is...

But not everyone has the time to do so...

But IF anyone does, there is an rpg going on at 8:00PM est tonight, at the following IP address- 67.162.199.97

Archived