Home

Immortal NPC + Rock wall = Boba Fun!

rujoking99

I was playing around in the Boba Fett level (Howie Mandell or something.) I come across him, and naturally, I try to kill him. No dice. He's flying around, banging into walls, shooting at my godmode-protected ass, the usual. But then, he flies up into the air, and hits a wall, right below one of those stone cornices.

Suddenly, I've got Boba Fett vibrating against the wall. I couldn't tell if he was spinning around, or if he was simply turning back and forth. And the sound he was making was really odd; imagine a machine gun, only instead of bullets it's firing "Agh!" He just stuck there with his ass facing me, vibrating and making that odd sound.

I went to the kitchen, got some coffee, ate some breakfast, came back, and he was STILL stuck there. From my observations, he'll stay in that exact spot until you use a weapon with knockback or splash damage, like the Stouker or Merr-Sonn. He might get unstuck if you leave the area for long enough, but I'm not sure.

_|

|:fett: <(Aghaghaghaghaghagh...)

|

|

|

|:rolleyes:

t1_danger is the map with the sand creatures.

Heh, I spawned an army of JO reborns in my map to face a mutant rancor. Then I decided to spice things up and spawn in a Fett. He's pretty good, he can dodge most of the mutant rancor's attacks.... but then he got knocked in a corner, and was nabbed.

The funny thing is, after the rancor ate him, there was a "ghost" of Fett sitting at the last spot he was, but without a torso! He wasn't active or anything, but the presence was enough to keep the mutant rancor's attention on it, well after it had a Bobasnack.

Then to make things fun, I spawned a few sand creatures in, and they were feasting on the now-reborn army of reborns (I swear I probably spawned 50+ reborns in - and they all died). The mutant rancor nabbed a sand worm when it popped up for a reborn, and ate it. Then a couple minutes later a sandworm ate the mutant rancor!

In the end, there was 2 sandworms, maybe 3 reborn, and a regular rancor present, and I went to spawn in a new wave and the game crashed on me! :lol:

I need to put those screenshots online somewhere to post them! :)

When I played Boba for the first time last night (finally, I can read all those spoiler threads now!) I thought he was actually not that tough.

Grip works like a charm on him and you can just sit there gripping him and reflecting all his shots back in his face.. then he runs to his ship to get bacta.... ; )

I guess it's to be expected, he's getting on in years...

The only times that were tricky were when he used his flame thrower (eventually I learned the proper distance to grip him so his flames wouldn't hit me) or his Merr Sonn. Though he spams the homing option, you can HEAR it locking on, and so long as you have enough force for three pushes, you'll always be safe.

A couple of intersting things though... once he's down to 1% health (and invincible) he runs away without attacking.

Once he gets a clear ceiling, he'll fly off for a half minute or however long it takes to heal up.

A few times I had him trapped in an area where he'd run against a door that wouldn't open, so I continued to pound him with lightning and saber swings, etc, but of course he just grunted an didn't die.

Finally, I noticed that he has the Force! I guess Tavion must have charged him up as part of a deal they made, because I clearly saw and heard him do the familiar "block Pull with the Force" animation, and he dodged some of his own shots (that I reflected back at him with my saber) and it made the familiar "Force Dodge" sound effect!

And of course the fact that none of his weapons could be pulled away was another clue. ; )

And I see he lined his armor with Cortosis, in order to resist the multiple hits from my sabers... LoL.

A fun battle though. Just wish you could kill him... I guess that'll have to wait for the mods and addon levels!

He might just have the ability to dodge fire and resist pushes independant of the Force. (Sort of like Watto and Jabba's immunity to mind tricks in the movies.) I've also noticed that some of the heavier enemies, like the big killer droids and the largest two troopers (the guy with the jetpack, and the one wearing a good ton of armor) can block pushes, with the same sound as a force-user's block. Presumably it's because they each weigh half a ton or more, with all the hefty armor and big-ass weaponry. Maybe Boba weighs enough that pushes don't affect him much.

Cheating and giving yourself massive boosts in push would tell you if that was the case, since you'd be able to bowl him over once your power was higher than his weight. Interesting.....

WOW, Kurgan - you have just done SP now. I couldnt bear having the disc sitting in my laptop and not playing SP until I finished it. Then I fiddle a bit with MP; bots only, Lan soon. Now I am playing Neverwinter again. Good to be back in RPG mode.

When I was re-doing the SP missions, when I got up to Fett, I couldnt be bothered playing with him. I just wanted to do the tasks and move on. I spawned a mutant rancor, Boba took more interest in him and just flew around shooting him. I then, unhindered, did all I had to do and returned to my ship. Boba was then promptly eaten by said mutant rancor, triggering end cutscene of this level. easy. amusing !

MTFBWYA

*goes for a nap, resumes anticipation of KOTOR*

Originally posted by Kurgan

Finally, I noticed that he has the Force!

I noticed that too, but I found it out in a different way:

I did the playermodel boba_fett and he has force sense and push (maybe pull, it was a while back).

Archived