Home

Blocking Lightning, A Patch/Mod Idea

Toxie

Originally posted by g//plaZma

Balance should come packaged with fun, or else no one will use lightning and therefore no fun, it'll end up being just another useless force power.

Agreed.

If lightning is made blockable it will change from being a sprayed area weapon to a skillful, targeted attack.

It should be made likewise as powerful as it is in the movies and (as AJL mentioned before and actually coded) allow for temporary paralysis/knockdown on a succesful hit.

So as an opponent has more chances to block/deflect the attack, the penalty for failure is much higher than simply a few points of lost health. I also think that it should be part of a mod, not a patch.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by {R^S}eniaC{JC}

IT WAS A FREAKIN JOKE!!! ..|.,

btw: my kids younger than 12 and plays if you would like to play someone more your own age.

rofl. How old are you? You have kids and you play a childs game. Good Fight.

btw. I'm 5 years old (going on 6) and i'd be happy to duel you anytime. I heard you lightening pwns.

Originally posted by Comm539

rofl. How old are you? You have kids and you play a childs game. Good Fight.

btw. I'm 5 years old (going on 6) and i'd be happy to duel you anytime. I heard you lightening pwns.

:thumbs1:

Yes I have a kid, two in fact. I would much rather play games with him, whines alot less than most of you folks. I have had a google amount more of good times playing JO, The Clone Wars, And Jedi Starfighter on home consoles than I ever have with this whiney immature MP community. (btw: I've play other MP games than This. ie:RTCW, MOHAA, and JO and others). In fact I've had more fun "watching" him play JO against cheshire vader in the emperor's throne room on the PC.

What's not a child's game, your almighty s/o ff ctf, I suppose it would be after freeze tag and duck duck goose loses its appeal.

Try turning off your computer...finding a friend...and playing Chutes and Ladders.

And for all you folks that I have offended with these comments, I appologize in advance, but it's the plain and simple truth from what I've seen.(re-elaborate "from what I've seen")

http://funwavs.com/wavfile.php?quote=1703&sound=299

http://funwavs.com/wavfile.php?quote=1708&sound=299

For of those childish adults out there(like me) who enjoy button mashing, check this out, it's a riot.

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars/index.html

;)

eniaC *playing Bradly Bookshelf games with father when most of you were cr*pping in diappers*

Married

2 children

and d*mn proud of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, a blaster bolt is more coherent than lightning (since it's part gas as well as light), which is why it's deflected. But with the lightning, the energy is actually absorbed into the blade, which is pure energy anyway. This doesn't have to be explained, but it is another case of George Lucas referencing EU material!. Take that, EU haters... Anyway - the blade can absorb it. As mentioned before, it's not normal lightning; it's directed and controlled by the wielder. Therefore, with some skill with the Force it's possible to use a lightsaber to simply turn the current into saber energy - it's not that far off from charging your power source (battery), except it's a lot more current at a single time.

Archived