Home

Moltarnese Rebellion?

Owl

I've been trying to find information on the Moltarnese Rebellion of 1412, a rebellion that, supposedly, inspired Armed & Dangerous. Unfortunately, I haven't found a single scrap of information on it. Nothing. But maybe some of you have better resources than I do. A shiny nickel goes to the first person to find some relevant information! Ready, go!

Hmmm, methinks (without looking) that LucasArts might be taking some 'artistic licence' here ;)

Update: I took this from Planet Moon's website, it might shed a little light on things...

The year was 1898, exactly 100 years ago, that the young designer, Earlydoors Graham, invented what was to become known as the World's First Videogame. Blood, sweat and tears went into this grand invention; but the story of which I speak is a tragic one; for young Earlydoors would be left destitute, despondent, and imprisoned before his dream of a great Gaming Empire would truly be realized.

In the late 1800s Earlydoors created a glass bulb which gave off light, and could be turned on and off at will. Indeed, here was the very game itself: on and off, on and off, who’s going to be the winner? ON!!! Yes, yes, you win!!!

Such a revelation in the gaming field occupied Earlydoors’ six sons with many hours of frenzied fun and enjoyment! But, alas, the days in these Elysian fields would be short lived, for the invention would soon be stolen and eclipsed by another inventor, Thomas Edison, who used the "lightbulb" for the much more practical purpose of lighting areas which were dark. Of course, it all seems so obvious in retrospect, but the times were different then, and for many people, Earlydoors was ahead of his time.

It was shortly after this that the six sons decided to form the company, Planet Moon, in a tribute to their Dad, the forefather of the videogame.

;)

~ Johnny

Archived