Home

a new mod- that looks good. (OJP + a tech question)

cjd118118

Originally posted by cjd118118

...which brings me on to my second point, how can i increas my fps on a laptop????

Try turning all video & audio options to their lowest quality settings. No offense, but this isn't exactly rocket science and is fairly reasonably explained in the user manual.

The "patch" you're referring to I believe is a precursor to Razorace's Open Jedi Project. It's technically a mod, so be aware it may not function on pure servers.

iwhich brings me on to my second point, how can i increas my fps on a laptop????

You could look at the 'optimal resolution' for your laptop's display. Each LCD/TFT display usually has an optimal resolution - so try setting your Windows and Games to run at that resolution. It may improve visual performance slightly.

Other than that, for SP turn off Dynamic Glow and turn off Shadows. Also make sure Force Feedback under the Mouse/Joystick settings is turned off, as that has caused performance issues with some people's setups. If you have enabled EAX for sound, you could also try turning that off as well, because it can be CPU intensive on some systems.

Good luck. :evil5:

do u think i had not tried that? My settings are as low as low can go!

and i still only get 1fps and sometime 0fps!

Given that I have absolutely no idea of your laptop's specs (crystal ball ain't working), it's kinda hard to determine if you even meet the minimum requirements. Laptops in particular are notorious for having slower processors and less capable video cards. Perhaps you're lucky to merely get the game to load.

If you were looking for some magical/miracle command that would make JA run on any system with zippy fps, sorry I don't know of any. I'd say if you've turned everything down to its lowest quality, that's the best performance you can expect.

i dont know exactly wat this is, but i think its a unoffical patch. Well i would try it, but my pc is broken and i am using a laptop.....which brings me on to my second point, how can i increas my fps on a laptop????

well the mod thing is here http://www.pcgamemods.com/2801/

While I appreciate the reference, you sort of pulled a bait-and-switch with the topic. Did you have a OJP related question?

Archived