Home

Andy and Yufster

Yufster

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm. Well, wasn't that difficult for me considering I never studied art in school, but I think they let me off with that because I am a mature student and I presented a good portfolio. Maybe it's because I'd started a degree before, too (although, it was in a completely different field).

I think knowing your stuff and what you like is the most important part.

I know that getting into art school can be quite competative, but the good thing about it is you could have never studied art in your life (like me), but know enough about it through it being your hobby.

Although, technically, I'm not studying art - I'm doing a course called Photography in the Arts. But I s'pose I'm still at the school of art and design.

Also, my boyfriend graduated from his art degree about 2 years ago. Check out his website at http://www.jameswfoster.com

I'm studying art in BG State University. However the teachers are all looking for these deep symbolic meanings behind everything and when they ask me to explain what it is, I'm like, "what's it look like? That's what it is." They don't seem to like that very much. I think I'm gonna change my major to computer sciences, then apply to Double Fine Prouctions to work on games such as the excellenct Pychonauts ,and kill off everyone who gets in my way.

I guess you didn't apply hard enough. If I were you, I'd have used an animal balloon and a jackhammer and two parakeets to get my point across.

And if that didn't work, spent normal working hours on the front steps mourning and wailing in my favorite sackcloth hoodie!

And if THAT didn't work, I would storm off in a huff and work for Lucasarts, repeating steps 2 and 3 as necessary.

If for some strange, awful, incomprehensible reason that didn't work...

I MIGHT take the huge 7 figure position that Sierra has been begging me to fill ever since I was in the second grade. ;)

Modelling can be fun as well, although, if you're working in a studio the lights are really really hot and you sometimes have to hold a pose for ages - it hurts. :S

If you're quite theatrical and energetic then you'll make a good model. Photographers like it when models give them ideas too.

I think I prefer being the other side of the camera, though. There's just something I really really like about photography even if I was almost in tears over my 'Self' project this morning - turned out fine in the end and I got a few good comments, including one by my tutor saying I'd done well to get my printing standard up to scratch. :D

Archived