Home

Submission: Real Blades

razorace

Ok dokie, we've just had several submissions from Aryyn and this is one that I think we can use immediately (the other stuff is some blade/force sounds that I'll save for a time when we have some sort of selectable saber sound system in place.)

It's a new saber blade made based on the prequel blades. I think it's pretty good and am now using it instead of the default blades.

Please give some input on this since I consider this "iffy" for current inclusion in OJP since a lot of people might prefer the original blade.

You can find the blade in question here.

Weird, the blades look different in SP. The tips look blunted. It looks fine in MP. Anyone else had this problem?

Are you sure they are not mixing with another mod? My signature pic below is from single player. The blades are fine.

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

I don't know about that one, but I'm using the SBX-JA sabers. They look alot more like the movies. The only thing I didn't like about them was the saber sounds. I just took them out of the pk3 and am using the JA original sounds.

Do you have a link to that? I'd like to try it as well.

Well, I like the SBX sabers as well.

Unfortunately, without the SDK we haven't more than one set of blades working at a time.

As such, I'm going to suggest that we put this into the "save for later" pile and pick it up again once the SDK has come out.

Yuck. Those are bad (Real Sabers).

One thing these "saber arists" seem to fail to realize is that, although their blurring of the glows (a common technique) looks good while you're holding your saber, it doesn't match up to the hard coded values when you swing. A recode or modification to the saber trail code is the only true way in my book. Some guy totally redid the code for JO, it looked awesome. We should try to contact him.

The color of the blur is in the code, it isn't derived from the saber glow texture, so when you swing, the blur has a different color than that of the blade itself. Try any mod that alters the glow textures, and take a look at how it doesn't match up.

Originally posted by Emon

Some guy totally redid the code for JO, it looked awesome. We should try to contact him.

i think you're talking about ajl. best saber blade/trail modding ever. hopefully ajl will be interested enough to work with ojp. :)

on a side note, mr. alias made some nice saber cores. not too thick or thin, and the tips are evenly round. might wanna take a look/have a chat.

http://www.massassi.net/ec/view.php3?user_id=4111&type=i&DateToView=10/12/2003

Archived