Home

voice chat (binding individual sayings to keys)

w00ki3

ive tried different things with the voicechat command, but there doesnt appear to be any other extention fo rit, looks like theres no way to bind specific messages.

unless there was a way to bind a key so that it

1 activated voicechat

2 moved to the appropriate menu

3 selected the specific message we wanted.

some way using the ';' command perhaps?:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Im guessing there musts be a command for it, as every setting has its command (otherwise there'd be nothing to link the fancy menu to :p).

Indeed ';' links 2 commands. So when the command to move to the aprropriate menu and select an aprropriate message is found, it should be easily bindable. But until then...

thats hilarious... (what jawa said)

Now, pertaining to the vchat stuff-- :confused:

in sof2 the cvar strings were....

vsay_team advance

for things like "Advance!"

so I'm thinking along the lines of...

vsay_team roger

for things like "Roger that!"

... I can try to f* with the cvar attachments in the console but I'll need to do it in a server in mp... which means that'll take time, and server space, and irritating questions like "why won't you move," and, of course, the inevitable kick. I just don't have the time right now, but I can spend the weekend filing through the cvars for vchat commands. :confused: I'll check the cvar list and compare to sof2 to see if they're built along the same lines ( mean i know they're the same stylebuild but, well, they prolly changed a couple things. i.e. the cheat string in JO/JA is helpusobi "1" or "0", but in sof2 it was setrandom sv_cheats "1" or "0".)

ps. - this is probably bettter positioned in the tech forum, but whatever :p;)

He's right. You don't have to even be online to test stuff in Siege, just spawn a bot on the other team and you're ready! And you can always just kick allbots once the match actually begins and you're in.

addbot rebel 5 blue

addbot snowtrooper 5 red

addbot rebel 5 red

addbot rodian 5 blue

addbot jedi 5 red

addbot reborn 5 blue

yeh I didnt start this post, you deleted the thread starters post and edited my reply to make it look like I did.

LoL!

Archived